SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Hate Heathrow Airport.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Hate Heathrow Airport. Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
If the spouse uses a cane, tell the airline you need a wheelchair. IME at Heathrow, Dulles, Ohare, Denver, and other airports that sprawl across the land it gets you through security a bit faster, and to the gate a bit faster.

Now you tell me. Then there is the problem of suggesting this to my bride. Ouch.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
If the spouse uses a cane, tell the airline you need a wheelchair. IME at Heathrow, Dulles, Ohare, Denver, and other airports that sprawl across the land it gets you through security a bit faster, and to the gate a bit faster.
Years ago I was teaching a one-week technical course at a client location. I must have picked something up incorrectly; I wrenched my back and could barely stand. Fortunately there was another instructor from my group who was available to take over the teaching, and one of the students in the class had an uncle who was a chiropractor. The student called his uncle and then drove me to the uncle's office. I got a bit of relief but was not able to continue the class.

When I got to the airport to go home I hobbled in with great difficulty, using a cane that the chiropractor had given to me. The check-in clerk called for a wheelchair, I was one of the first to board, and they stuck me in first class to give me more room.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post