SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bombshell, bombshell, bombshell .... (Edit: words change their meanings)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bombshell, bombshell, bombshell .... (Edit: words change their meanings) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Over the last few years, every "bombshell" promised has proven to be a dud.
(Edit: In modern times, 'bombshell' refers to a false promise of sensational history changing information to be delivered soon.)

It was better in the good old days, when bombshells were Jayne Mansfield, Elizabeth Taylor, Sophia Loren, Brigette Bardot, Anita Ekberg, Ann-Margret, Raquel Welch, and a few others.

They were real bombshells, and we liked it like that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Picture is worth 1000 words...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the direction in which this thread is heading.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Toward being locked?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

If it isn't resoundingly clear to a person by now that all these idiots get their talking points from a central source, then that person has not been paying an ounce of attention.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Click bait, click bait, click bait ....

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think we all know how bombshells are used these days -

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping this thread becomes a Treasure Trove of Bombshell information....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a click bate title in my opinion. I prefer the old definition myself.

Looking for further examples for clarification -

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The first time I saw Naomi Watts many years ago, the thread title popped into my brain. Those Aussie blondes, oh my.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Picture is worth 1000 words...

My wife had never seen the photo. So i had to explain it.

https://blog.timesunion.com/ho...ields-breasts/20667/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rush frequently airs these compilations, where multiple news sources use the same word or phrase. The first one I remember was use of the word "gravitas" as in so and so brings gravitas to the debate or campaign. They are always hilarious and demonstrate how manufactured is our news. I heard him do another one this past week of reporters using the same phrase in regard to the impeachment.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Much better BOMBSHELL than anything the media does today!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I heard him do another one this past week of reporters using the same phrase in regard to the impeachment.

Yes, describing wobbly RINO's listening to the dims' case, all taking "copious" notes. And McConnell tweaking the procedures was a "crack" in the GOP. Listening to these compilations, so many criminal Old Media bastards using the same language is downright chilling.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Oo I like that.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'll likely regret this but:

"Bolton Bolton Bolton Bolton Bolton
Bolton Bolton Bolton Bolton Bolton
Bolton Bolton Bolton,
Bolton Bolton Bolton .... "

Bardot was better.

( Edit: Please keep photolinks classy; please don't get the thread torched and/or locked. )

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Whenever I hear "bombshell" I usually think of her too.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember Sarah Miles?

Perhaps a “bombshell” with some depth?

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post