SIGforum
Another UPS rant

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1770058054

December 14, 2018, 11:22 AM
mojojojo
Another UPS rant
OK. I realize it's Christmas time and that the volume of packages are much greater than normal. But seriously? Why can UPS cover hundreds of miles in hours and can't cover 15 miles in a day?

I'd paid for expedited shipping for this package and hoped to get it today so I could install the parts on my motorcycle this weekend. All looked good last night as it was showing delivery for today. Now it's been changed to Monday.

Tracking shows UPS time and distances as:

Albany, GA to Jacksonville, FL (206 miles) in 4 hours, 59 minutes.

Jacksonville, FL to Charlotte, NC (383 miles) in 8 hours, 6 minutes.

Charlotte, NC to the UPS store where it's being delivered (15 miles) can't be done in over 24 hours (it's been sitting in Charlotte since 12:02PM yesterday). And of course, they say I can't go get it until at least one delivery attempt has been made.

What can Brown do for me today? Apparently nothing.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
December 26, 2018, 11:55 AM
bonanacroin
UPS decided to send one of my packages on a cross country tour. I ordered something for my wife from the Disney store in Anaheim. They shipped it out and it arrived at the UPS facility in Rocklin, 8 miles from my house, with delivery scheduled the next day. They then routed it to...Philadelphia. Delayed delivery over a week. I called and spoke to the UPS manager who couldn’t tell me why the package was re-routed. She reminded me of the unemployment worker from “The Survivors.” She was terribly, terribly, terribly, terribly unable to help me. Truthfully, I expect nothing less from a company whose initials read “oops.”
January 01, 2019, 09:19 AM
smschulz
quote:
Why can UPS cover hundreds of miles in hours and can't cover 15 miles in a day?

I don't think it is the distance that is the issue, most likely other factors at the hub.
Unless it is a high priority package then why worry?