SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Annoying phrases
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annoying phrases Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Another from here:

“You’re overthinking it.”
So, the solution to problems and questions is to not think about them—?
That explains much about many people.

Surely one of the most idiotic statements uttered by a human being.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Quit resisting, quit resisting; hands behind your back." I've always hated that phrase.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“I’m Nicholas, and I’ll be taking care of you today”

No thanks Nick, just bring me my lunch. I can wipe my own ass.

And from a lunch companion: “I’ll do a Cobb Salad”.

How about you just eat one, or have one?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Going to take a leak, take a piss, take a crap,

Just where the hell are you going to take it, home? to the park?, over to visit your parents?

How does that work out?

Hey mom, check it out, I brought my mid day turd over with me!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Waitress: Do you want change?

Why would you ask given the cost and payment extended? You want to keep $9.00 as your tip? Up yours.

This is a blatant attempt to make me feel like a cheap skate if I say yes.

The charge for the meal was $11.00. I gave her a $20.00 bill to pay for it.

Do I want change?

Yes, numbskull and now you don't get any tip though I was going to give you a good one, until you pulled that cheesy bit of grifting.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
"Have a good one." ...

I have a lifelong friend who replies to this.

"I have a good one, I'd rather have a long one!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Non life threatening injuries. Frequent phrase used by news broadcasters. I prefer major or minor injuries or treated and released.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
"Whatnot"

And some one saying "uh huh "after every sentence I speak.

And any kind of repetitious word.

I had rather love the silence than slang.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Repeating the wording of a commercial tv/radio phrase as if you originated it and then look like you want praise for being witty.

Sorry, the closest you'll come to wit is to be a nit-wit...

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
"forward leaning vision"
"down select"
"game changing market disrupting initiatives"
“positively bend the success curve”
"properly prioritize, highly leverage our assets, and put us on a sustainable path"

All of these from one memo.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Talk at you later... Can't stand it.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
"Quit resisting, quit resisting; hands behind your back." I've always hated that phrase.

and

"Tazer, tazer, tazer"

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
"forward leaning vision"
"down select"
"game changing market disrupting initiatives"
“positively bend the success curve”
"properly prioritize, highly leverage our assets, and put us on a sustainable path"

All of these from one memo.

Corporate speak is irritating as a whole.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
"On accident"

It's "By accident"

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Passive aggressive.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Passive aggressive.

Only if used by someone who is not a psychologist or psychiatrist. It is frequently misused by lay people. Calling someone Bipolar is another one if used by a nonprofessional.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spot on. Pretending we are British now?

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
...and to make a long story short...

IT NEVER IS! Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Another from here:

“You’re overthinking it.”
So, the solution to problems and questions is to not think about them—?
That explains much about many people.

Surely one of the most idiotic statements uttered by a human being.
Sounds like you haven’t had the frustrating experience of working with an engineer with an extreme case of OCD. Initial idea is good but the longer they “what if?” it the worse it gets as they begin preventing high unlikely scenarios like an asteroid strike.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
“Not to belabor the point”

In the history of man, I doubt someone has ever shut up at the end of that phrase. They ALWAYS belabor the point so using the phrase just wastes even more time. I think they latched onto the phrase just so they can spew more hot air.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post