SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being Smushed Against the Window....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being Smushed Against the Window.... Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted
While flying home from a business trip. Gee, my favorite thing in life. The aisle seat has a new appreciation, especially when I’m the smallest guy in the row (and I’m not small).

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hate the window seat.

Only thing worse is having an aisle seat and the stewardess has 1.5 aisle wide rear end and stops the food/beverage cart right behind your row.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I opened a fortune cookie that said "Travel by road or rail."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only thing worse is having an aisle seat and the stewardess has 1.5 aisle wide rear end and stops the food/beverage cart right behind your row.

It made me think of something. What is the proper way to exit from a window seat with passengers in the middle and aisle seat. Is it with your butt facing the seated passenger, or your front side facing the seated passengers?

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's a question as old as "Why are we here".

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

It made me think of something. What is the proper way to exit from a window seat with passengers in the middle and aisle seat. Is it with your butt facing the seated passenger, or your front side facing the seated passengers?

Unless it's first class, and preferably not even then, I am absolutely making them get the heck up first. Have you seen a seat/leg room lately?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^ This. There is no room anymore to get out of the window seat with the other two occupied. Getting up and out of the way of your seat mates is the new ettiquette.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I prefer the window seat. I don't have to be bothered the entire flight. I just zone out and wait for us to land.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the window seat, except on long flights.

It's a lot easier to sleep leaning against the window.

What sucks is the company buying you a ticket from Dubai in the last seat by the lav in an A380. Can't recline, trapped between two overweight arabs that don't bathe but try to cover it with the same damn cologne and soap, and the lav door slamming every thirty seconds for the next fourteen hours

Nothing like the elbow smash from the drink cart on an aisle seat...for the fourth time in a row.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Not to sound snooty, but if I can't drive, I'll fly. If I can't get a first class seat, I'll stay home.

I refuse to be smashed into coach anymore. Riding Greyhound in the old days was a much more pleasant experience. That's a really sad commentary on air travel today.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not to sound snooty, but if I can't drive, I'll fly. If I can't get a first class seat, I'll stay home.

I understand that completely. Paying for personal comfort is worth it. I once spent a ridiculous amount of money on a high class resort vacation. No riff raff, very pleasant. No children under eight allowed and with the prices charged, there were none.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The flying bus.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
tubes

tubes is the answer

jus' sayin'

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Well as long as there is not a hairy humanoid on the wing pulling wires out of the engine cowling ….

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And I thought this was going to be about a bug's life. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I always go for the aisle seat. I hate the window and despise the center seat even more.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Piss before you get on and the window seat is glorious. Shades down, seat back, Bose noise cancelling on and I typically forget we are flying.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I always go for the aisle seat. I hate the window and despise the center seat even more.

Anymore, I have to go for the aisle seat also. Shoulders are too wide to fit either other seat, and I’d rather have people brushing past me than try to stuff myself into the window.

A few years ago, I was on of the last to board and was traveling alone. I’m six foot and when in great shape, about 230lbs. I was a little heavier than that at the time. When I found my seat, all I could do was laugh. My seat was in the middle of two dudes who both looked like NFL linebackers. They looked at me, and we all shook our heads, grimaced and chuckled a bit. The Michael Clarke Duncan look-alike in the aisle seat got up to let me in. When we all settled in, I was about as smooshed as smooshed gets. The guy in the window seat remarked “of course they would put the three biggest guys on the plane all next to each other, why wouldn’t they?” We all laughed. Just then, a flight attendant spoke up and asked if anyone would mind trading seats with an elderly woman who didn’t want to be seated in an exit row? I immediately just about jumped out my seat shouting “ME! ME!” The guys on either side of me burst into laughter. I think everyone was happy about that change of seating.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Piss before you get on and the window seat is glorious. Shades down, seat back, Bose noise cancelling on and I typically forget we are flying.

The remarks of the professional, my game plan as well.

Posts: 2117 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

You must be a short fella. Those of us with femurs longer than 2'? Nope. Coach is agony, Bose or no Bose.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post