SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being Smushed Against the Window....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being Smushed Against the Window.... Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:...
You must be a short fella.

Yep.
Short monkeys in the back of the bus...

I'm $20 on he's 5'9".

Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 37859 | Location: fl | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pro tip: after takeoff move the small bag from under the seat in front of you to behind your legs up against your seat. Now you should have plenty of room for your legs under the seat. I'm 5'11 and this works in all but the smallest RJs.

-----------------------------------------------
Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 117 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Pro tip: after takeoff move the small bag from under the seat in front of you to behind your legs up against your seat. Now you should have plenty of room for your legs under the seat. I'm 5'11 and this works in all but the smallest RJs.

Yup. That does help with the leg room.

Also, for a while I was motoring which window seats were best. For a while (if I recall correctly) the United Row 8 was good as the seat edge was in the next wind but Row 10 sucked cause its the part of the fuselage where there was a larger gap between windows. An instant loss of 3" of shoulder space....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 4770 | Location: N-E Ohio | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Piss before you get on and the window seat is glorious. Shades down, seat back, Bose noise cancelling on and I typically forget we are flying.

I prefer the window seat too.

Shade down but instead of putting the seat back, I drop the tray and sleep on that like a desk at school. I'll pop a couple of nyquil before getting on the flight so I end up sleeping through it.

Last time I did that was in June flying from here to Chicago to drive a car 17 hours back. I arrived in Chicago after midnight, took an Uber to the car and proceeded to drive straight through to Orlando.

Edmond

Posts: 9411 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Well as long as there is not a hairy humanoid on the wing pulling wires out of the engine cowling ….

Captain Kirk is not bothered by anything on the wing! That was all an act. Cool

[i]

Posts: 5486 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post