SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I wish this national shortage on blinker fluid would end...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish this national shortage on blinker fluid would end... Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
It's so aggravating driving around in this county because nobody uses turn signals. They just come into my lane on the highway, merge from medians when I don't know which way they're going, and confuse the shit outta me at intersections. Do I go now or wait for you to go and rile up the people behind me?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There is no shortage of blinker fluid. There is a critical shortage of courtesy and brains. Or else the turn signal option on the new pimp wagon was too expensive. Or maybe just too hard to operate.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yup. I was pulling my 15,000lb trailer to the storage yard this afternoon and there was no shortage of jackasses cutting me off filling my safety gap with the car in front.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
^^^^ Yup. I was pulling my 15,000lb trailer to the storage yard this afternoon and there was no shortage of jackasses cutting me off filling my safety gap with the car in front.

The best are the ones that tailgate boats (bigger ones) on trailers. I cannot tell you how much crap I've seen blow out of boats on trailers.....coolers.....life jackets.....fishing rods.....LOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's so aggravating driving around in this county because nobody uses turn signals.

Almost as bad are the people who leave them on for miles, or brake riders with their brake lights nearly constantly on.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
There are just simply a whole lot of people in this world who should not be driving a vehicle for one reason or another, but sadly they are.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I think you're hampered by your experience of driving in San Francisco where the way people have to drive gives no clue of what "stupidity" they're about to do.

Outside of San Francisco/Daly City where there's more space between cars, I've learned to pick up cues that aren't so subtle. It really is car body language on the road. It's hard to put it in words but it's easy to get it once you see it.

Slight acceleration changes, slight steering wheel adjustments and you know the idiot next lane wants to jump into the five feet in front of you and the car ahead.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Actually, I have the reverse experience in San Francisco. People telegraph their intentions way more clearly in the City. People up here have their heads so far up in the clouds they seem to react at the last moment when switching or merging into lanes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
There are just simply a whole lot of people in this world who should not be driving a vehicle for one reason or another, but sadly they are.
I came out of the grocery store and noticed a Prius parked near me. There was an elderly couple (even older than me! I'm 81.), he was in the driver's seat with the door open, she was shuttling back and forth between looking at the back of the car and going to the open door to speak with her husband.

I put my groceries in my car, returned the shopping cart (yes, really!), and as I walked back to my car the woman approached me, very hesitant. I smiled at her and asked if she needed help.

"Both sides are blinking," she said, "I don't understand it."

I glanced over, walked to the open door of their car, and suggested to the man, "Try the big red button with the triangle in it."

The blinking stopped of course, the woman thanked me, and off we went, our separate ways.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps in the city, but I've seen three different cars going the wrong way on the Nimitz and on 580. One of the reasons I fled California. The only place I saw worse drivers was El Paso-and most of those had Mexican plates. People can't drive in KY either, but there's not so many of them here so it's less frustrating.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that where ever I go all the other drivers are worse than me.... Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
You mean the "pull up next to me, I want to talk to you" lights?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I came out of the grocery store and noticed a Prius parked near me. There was an elderly couple (even older than me! I'm 81.), he was in the driver's seat with the door open, she was shuttling back and forth between looking at the back of the car and going to the open door to speak with her husband.

I put my groceries in my car, returned the shopping cart (yes, really!), and as I walked back to my car the woman approached me, very hesitant. I smiled at her and asked if she needed help.

"Both sides are blinking," she said, "I don't understand it."

I glanced over, walked to the open door of their car, and suggested to the man, "Try the big red button with the triangle in it."

The blinking stopped of course, the woman thanked me, and off we went, our separate ways.

You’re a good man Charlie Brown!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a video of a Trooper giving a PSA on "that little lever to the left of your steering wheel".

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My wife's new car has lane departure, and if you don't use your turn signal, the vehicle fights to keep you in the lane.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I used to say to my wife, “Nice car like that, you’d think the turn signals would work.” Can’t do it anymore, happens too often. Most of the time there’s a cell phone in the left hand and it’s just too much trouble to turn the signals on.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I hate it when they turn on the blinkers only AFTER they start their turn. They use them as a device to explain what they are doing, not as a device to warn you of what they will do.

That seems worse to me than not signaling at all, but they are about equally bad, really.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I hate it when they turn on the blinkers only AFTER they start their turn. They use them as a device to explain what they are doing, not as a device to warn you of what they will do.

They are conserving blinker fluid. Wink

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's a West Coast thing - at least far more prevalent - must be due to the issued frontal lobotomies?

Regardless, the only way to make decent time in CA/OR/WA west of the mountains is to drive like you are playing "Need For Speed" or "Grand Theft Auto". Multiple lane changes due to Left-Lane-Sallies and No-ID-Drivers, you name it. Passing on the right is the only way you can possibly get by the entitled Prius drivers driving _/+ .5 MPH in line abreast formation

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post