SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Some drivers just shouldn't be in public
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some drivers just shouldn't be in public Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sakata8242:
Like everyone else I have my own stories, etc...but one thing that I didn't realize existed until recently is the driver who doesn't understand how to feather the throttle pedal to maintain a relatively constant speed. This isn't something that is necessarily obvious as an observer - you have to be in the car with them. So instead of a nice, smooth drive at a constant speed, you have the car getting up to speed, slowing down, speeding back up, slowing down, etc etc as the driver presses & releases the accelerator at regular intervals to keep the car going. Talk about a vomit inducing ride.

I used to work at a summer camp with a girl who drove like that. Taking a vanload of kids somewhere with her as a driver was not pleasant.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My friend Matt drives like that...hes either accelerating or braking...its literally nauseating. I will never ride with him again. Plus he complains about his car breaking down all the time...I think its his driving that adds untimely wear and tear.

He did a favor for me & my wife and took her to the airport when I was out of town...

She said afterwards "Next time, I'd rather walk"

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by sakata8242:
Like everyone else I have my own stories, etc...but one thing that I didn't realize existed until recently is the driver who doesn't understand how to feather the throttle pedal to maintain a relatively constant speed. This isn't something that is necessarily obvious as an observer - you have to be in the car with them. So instead of a nice, smooth drive at a constant speed, you have the car getting up to speed, slowing down, speeding back up, slowing down, etc etc as the driver presses & releases the accelerator at regular intervals to keep the car going. Talk about a vomit inducing ride.

I used to work at a summer camp with a girl who drove like that. Taking a vanload of kids somewhere with her as a driver was not pleasant.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post