SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who talk non-stop.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who talk non-stop. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I once gave a woman a ride who talked so much, I had to roll the car window down three times just to let some of the words out.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
High Pockets: Then what about Mr. Peabody? He can read and write, and he runs the newspaper.

Kaintuck: Yeah, and when he's drinking, why, he can talk the ears off of a woo-wooden Indian.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a hearing loss. Not stone deaf yet but getting there. I tell people I meet that I have difficulty hearing and that I might not be able to hear them if other ambient noise is present.
Waste of time. So... Rather than expect them to alter the volume of their voices just to accommodate me, I take on an interested look and just nod occasionally. I used to wonder if I missed anything, but evidently not. I also find that this technique works great for people (especially females) I can actually hear.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
My Grandfather suffered significant hearing loss as the result of being an army scout during WWII. He learned to read lips and made some use of hearing aides. He often turned his hearing aids off when he became tired of chatter. I've always envied him this.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Im definitely with you there. We have a couple people like that at work snd I have to strategize to get important info relayed to them in order to “fit it” into their incessant monologue. It drives me nuts!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have a hearing loss. Not stone deaf yet but getting there. I tell people I meet that I have difficulty hearing and that I might not be able to hear them if other ambient noise is present.
Waste of time. So... Rather than expect them to alter the volume of their voices just to accommodate me, I take on an interested look and just nod occasionally. I used to wonder if I
missed anything, but evidently not. I also find that this technique works great for people (especially females) I can actually hear.

So.... you practice the "husband" approach. Big Grin

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So true. Went to lunch the other day with some fellow retired partners from the Sheriff's Office where I worked. One guy showed up that I didn't know was going to be there. Obnoxious, long-winded, never asked a question-just ran on about himself. Just like I remembered him. Ugh.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My God, never go on a trip with non-stop talkers, either accidentally or un-knowingly.

You will commit murder 50 times.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At a local Pizza joint several years ago I heard a young girl (boozed up) talking non stop to her BF.

Patrons around her got their sit down meals changed to take out.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My hearing aids have a "mute" setting, referred to b the audiologist as a spouse switch.

I thought it prudent to abstain from sharing that particular item of nomenclature with my wife.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
I once gave a woman a ride who talked so much, I had to roll the car window down three times just to let some of the words out.
I used to work with a woman who taught herself to breath with her asshole because it wouldn't interfere with her talking.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Apparently "Why don't we all just shut the fuck up" was not the proper way to address the issue...

I can't imagine why not? It's the best solution. Smile But then you hurt peoples' feelings.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Sister. And it's usually about God which makes it even more annoying.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Kinda like the first 25 seconds of this:

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Ugh. My new co-worker who's been here 3.5 weeks. We work in an office with 3 of us but have people coming in and out all day needing things and who get coffee and like to chit chat with us. Whether someone is talking to her or not, she interjects herself in their conversation and knows something about everything. She even turned around in her chair and listened to my side of the conversation the other day when my child's school called about my son needing some medicine for his headache. Ugh

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife. Jeebus, she talks constantly. She DVR's all the tv programs then stops them to point out what effed up about the characters. I don't even want to watch Judge Judy, let alone hear a critique. Hearing loss is my only refuge, except now she shouts. OMG, I DON'T CARE WHAT PERRY MASONS'S CLIENT DID!!!!

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Preach it. Couple of weeks ago I got in the shit with my wife when I boiled over after listening to her brother and sister's incessant chatter.

Apparently "Why don't we all just shut the fuck up" was not the proper way to address the issue...

Both equally unpopular and equally personally amusing, a friend had business cards printed up with this image and slogan to pass out as he deemed necessary:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

That will be changing soon when we move our office to an open cubicle format Roll Eyes

More and more companies are buying into the "open office" concept because consultants are selling it as encouraging innovation and collaboration. Plus, it lets them show they can be hip and progressive, just like those tech firms.

What's not as well known is that "open offices" undermine productivity while allowing one sick person to spread their germs to the entire floor. Several tech firms have quietly reconfigured their offices to reinstall walled offices. Roll Eyes

You can have both when they're done right.

Some firms have them arranged in inverted pyramids, like a giant conversation pit in tiers, and while everything is open it's still quite quiet at the individual cubes.

But you have to build them that way and have the room, obviously.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Kinda like the first 25 seconds of this:

HEAT Movie Clip

Yes indeed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post