SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who talk non-stop.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who talk non-stop. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
That pretty much says it all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've been working with someone who was hired last week and she talks through everything she does as she does it. Drives me nuts.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Yeah.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
And loud to boot. I have a gal a couple offices down that can’t shut up. Sometimes I have to close my door it’s so loud and annoying.

That will be changing soon when we move our office to an open cubicle format Roll Eyes

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
When I was doing software development work at BellSouth in the Birmingham area there was a female who spent at least six hours a day on the telephone, yakking loudly about personal stuff. Her kids, her shopping adventures, etc.

It was so annoying that I would look for empty conference rooms to work in, or an unused desk in another area, so I could get my job done.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, usually of the female gender. Some just can't keep their mouth shut for two minutes.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Preach it. Couple of weeks ago I got in the shit with my wife when I boiled over after listening to her brother and sister's incessant chatter.

Apparently "Why don't we all just shut the fuck up" was not the proper way to address the issue...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My wife's daughters. The young one isn't too bad, but the oldest one is loud, talks about nothing but herself and never stops. My head hurts just thinking about her voice.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

That will be changing soon when we move our office to an open cubicle format Roll Eyes

More and more companies are buying into the "open office" concept because consultants are selling it as encouraging innovation and collaboration. Plus, it lets them show they can be hip and progressive, just like those tech firms.

What's not as well known is that "open offices" undermine productivity while allowing one sick person to spread their germs to the entire floor. Several tech firms have quietly reconfigured their offices to reinstall walled offices. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My friend’s best friend. Dumb and extremely opinionated. Turns a 2 minute story into a 20+ minute story, and interrupts you at the 30 second mark if you have the nerve to try to tell a story.

I like my friend but not enough to put up with her best friend.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Theres a woman in my office (I work remotely but I'm in the office once a month at least) who will call me/ask me a question face to face, let me start to answer, then she starts to filibuster me. I can't stand talking over people or them talking over me, so I just stop and let her finish exercising her mouth. Each time she does this, I wait longer and longer, to the point where it's an uncomfortable silence before I attempt to respond. She's fucking clueless and doesn't realize what I'm doing but it sure makes me feel better about the situation.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
My MIL and FIL are both guilty of this. Long Island thing? who knows. They drive me insane. They don't even say anything, just constant babbling about what they are doing or thinking. Totally unnecessary.

There's a new guy at work who does it too. I don't suffer that nonsense when Im working so apparently I'm the guy that hates him. His evidence? Unresponsive to babbling and high fives.

I hope he gets canned.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The gals in the retail area of the shop I recently retired from would flap their gums nonstop and cackle incessantly about whatever trivial subject they came up with. Those of us in the production area would ape their inane conversations without ever being caught at it. They were so absorbed in their gab fests they never noticed us.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I can't stand talking over people or them talking over me, so I just stop and let her finish exercising her mouth. Each time she does this, I wait longer and longer, to the point where it's an uncomfortable silence before I attempt to respond.

I use the same tactic, to the point I wait for 5 seconds of silence, usually with a hand gesture / body language to say "are you done talking now?".

For repeat offenders I look about 30 degrees up and left / right from their face. Enough that I'm no longer making eye contact but it's not a blatant look away.

Beyond that I look at my watch / phone, then fake a yawn.

posted Hide Post
Took a buddy to get a lumbar injection. As we walked into the building I nodded hello to a guy smoking outside.

When the guy came back into the reception area he sat next to me. For the next hour he told me everything about everything.

By the time he left I knew more about him than I did about my buddy whom I've known for 18 years.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Denny220:
Took a buddy to get a lumbar injection. As we walked into the building I nodded hello to a guy smoking outside.

When the guy came back into the reception area he sat next to me. For the next hour he told me everything about everything.

By the time he left I knew more about him than I did about my buddy whom I've known for 18 years.

The reason you should always have a pair of earbuds on. When you are alone, put them in when you don't want to be bothered, regardless if you are actually listening to anything.

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I think that they all have a daily quota of words to be spoken, whether meaningful or not.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
I think that they all have a daily quota of words to be spoken, whether meaningful or not.

I guess it was just my day to listen.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Even worse is when they repeat the same story so that over the course of a year, you’ve heard it ten times.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
And loud to boot. I have a gal a couple offices down that can’t shut up.

I didn't know you met my sister...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post