SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon shipping?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon shipping? Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
Anyone besides me notice the following or does it bother anyone besides me; when you order from them it will show preparing to ship for two or three days before it actually ships and the tracking No. will show that UPS or Fedex or whoever is "waiting for the item to arrive at their location".

To my way of thinking if the label has been created and sent to the shipping Co. then it should at least in the next 12-24 hours show it is in their possession and en-route.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’m an Amazon Prime member so I don’t see the situation your describing. I’m getting my items in two days with very rare exceptions. I would imagine they are bumping other orders further down the line to accommodate prime shipping.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Are you a prime member and ordering items marked prime? Most of my stuff shows up in two days. I ordered a bunch of things for my kids on Friday and they will be here today.

What Amazon does is have items shipped in from their warehouses then it either goes to the post office/carrier or to one of Amazon’s local delivery drivers.

We just had an Amazon driver get carjacked in Solon, OH recently.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I’m an Amazon Prime member so I don’t see the situation your describing. I’m getting my items in two days with very rare exceptions. I would imagine they are bumping other orders further down the line to accommodate prime shipping.
Yup.

Pays to play.

Unless of course you choose a non-Prime vendor. Then it can take awhile, but you should know that going into the transaction.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where I work I have to use FedEx and UPS at times. We package the item up and create the shipping labels on site. The carrier then picks the items up and loads onto their trucks to take to the hub for shipping out. We average 5 packages a day. I can only imagine how many packages Amazon handles in one day.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am convinced Amazon purposely holds items if you are not Prime. If an item I buy does not come from Amazon's warehouse, I buy directly from the company & get faster shipping.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I am a Prime member and the last time I ordered from Amazon, on a Thursday night, I got it on the following Wednesday. That's two day shipping??? Bullshit.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an Amazon Prime member, just an ordinary buyer. Ordered a dash-cam on Thurs Jan. 25th. Just checked track order, showing order: has not been shipped. Credit card not billed yet. Order has been confirmed. Oh well.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m a prime member and if they slow your shit down to make sure mine gets here in 1-2 in days...sorry not sorry. I order multiple items per month and have never had anything come late. Actually one time but it was the post office said it wasn’t deliverable because there was an inch of snow on the ground. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
I am a Prime member and the last time I ordered from Amazon, on a Thursday night, I got it on the following Wednesday. That's two day shipping??? Bullshit.

Was it a prime eligible item, from a prime eligible vendor, indicating that it would be delivered within a specified timeframe?

Simply having a prime subscription doesn't actually do anything.

Before you finish checking out, the checkout cart will tell you your specific window for delivery and what you'll pay for shipping, if any. Rarely does the expected delivery miss the mark.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I order, almost daily, from Amazon Prime. I don't really bother watching the shipping but I'm sure it's almost always 2 days. An exception is my dog food and bird seed, larger, heavier boxes seem to take longer. The extra time is always posted before I order.

Two weeks ago they missed a delivery due to a "mechanical failure", truck broke down. It was something I needed and I had to send it back, they credited me immediately.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Prime likes to blame the distance and expense involved in shipping here for things taking longer. However based on my experience the big reason is that what you receive at your door in two days on the mainland won’t even get sent out in that time.

In stock items fullfilled by Amazon often take a week or more to go out if I have them sent here. That has nothing to do with distance or cost. They’ve even pulled it when I pay additional for the fastest possible delivery. Days later if I complain about it not having even shipped they will often refund the extra charges and ship that day or the next, but it’s gotten to the point where I find myself buying more and more direct from manufacturers. Things come sooner and lately are frequently the same price and also include shipping, plus no knockoffs which isn’t always the case with buying via Amazon.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My wife ordered a few? Things off Amazon. Including cat litter, food, treats, dog treats etc. The cat litter was from Walmart, in an Amazon box. I guess it wasn’t available as usual, so she paid more from somewhere else. Couple bucks. But to come with the ticket from WW, surprises me. What did I miss? We are Prime Customers. Are they starting to share warehouses?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post