SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How to keep a cat off your new car
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How to keep a cat off your new car Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
http://www.behmdesign.com/gara...ns-1476-3-28x32.aspx

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The enclosure you suggest in your link seems a little large for a cat.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to fix this for you....

https://www.amazon.com/ScareCr...ellent/dp/B000071NUS

Only caveat is, you'd be well advised to turn it off prior to heading to your car in the morning. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Maybe a few pieces of tape, sticky side up.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk

No actual cats were harmed :-)

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Buy a pick up truck. Cat will now go to taller object to sleep. Car problem solved, you'll have to ask someone else about what to do about cats on pickups.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Gah i have no idea.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mekaus:
Put a dog on your car.

What he said...... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Put cucumbers up there.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtZ66:
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
I think KurtZ66 was intimating that you should just shoot the cat. Roll Eyes

This. Wink

You're a special kind of evil dirtball, aren't you?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
Maybe a few pieces of tape, sticky side up.

This could be genius. If you try it set up a video camera.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by av8erman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk

No actual cats were harmed :-)

WTF?? Mad Mad

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he's gone, now.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
People that live in rural areas, especially on farms know that cats are going to rest on top of cars, trucks, machinery or other elevated spaces where they feel safe and comfortable to relax. My truck sits out quite a bit and my solution was to buy a car cover. It's kind of a pain to put on and take off everyday but it worked for me. Predator scents, moth balls and the like have never worked for anyone that I know.

There is a device called ScatMat that runs on a 9 volt battery and gives the pet a harmless static pulse when it steps on the mat. It works great for keeping cats off furniture and anywhere else you don't want them. After a few times getting shocked most (not all) cats shy away from whatever it is you had the mat on and you can remove it. Of course, depending on the size of your car, you would need several of these.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Report This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Be one with the cat. Love the cat. It will keep mice and squirrels from chewing your wiring.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom To know the difference. Smile

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Well...there is Rex the electronic barking dog alarm:

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-...B5YTXB5TXXYVSHAVFQGG

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Well...there is Rex the electronic barking dog alarm:

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-...B5YTXB5TXXYVSHAVFQGG

Nothing like having that go off at 2 AM.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Report This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Find a small box.

Put it next to your car.

/thread

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Report This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of neighbor's "outdoor cats" sleeping and sharpening their claws on my convertible top. I cut up some gorilla tape and laid the pieces sticky side up on the top, It only took one try. Have not had a problem since.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
A friend mechanic recently told me that near half the vehicles he's worked on up here, NW Washington, have sustained some amount of rodent damage to their wiring systems.

If you have a later model computer controlled vehicle, having it rewired by a pack-rat will cause intermittent system faults that defy logic. Your radio will turn off every time you step on the brake, etc.

It's worth the paw prints to keep rats away. If you have a soft top vehicle, you now have a great way to sell the wife on the cost of building a shop/garage.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Report This Post