SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    (320) 318-1475 SS telephone scam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(320) 318-1475 SS telephone scam Login/Join 
posted
I'm skeered

Social Security Administration, we have found some suspicious and criminal activities connected to your social security number. We suspect it is an identity theft situation with the order from the code and Judiciary Department. We are canceling your social security number for further information and to avoid any disciplinary action. Kindly call us back as soon as you receive this message. Our direct line number will be 320-318-1475. I repeat +32-031-814-8075. Thank you. Have a nice day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: oldbill123,

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SCAM. I got a few of those messages.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this has been going on for quite a while.

You may want to make your thread title a bit clearer, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If it isn't on my contact list, or otherwise somebody I'm expecting, it doesn't get answered. Or was that your voice mail?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Guess if those shit heads get just ONE fool to give up their number it would pay for. . . . .

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmn. I've been get 1-3 1-800 calls per hour since this morning from spoofed SSA scam robocalls. Different spoofed number every time. How can that not be strictly illegal?

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Hmmn. I've been get 1-3 1-800 calls per hour since this morning from spoofed SSA scam robocalls. Different spoofed number every time. How can that not be strictly illegal?

It IS illegal -- pisser is, just can't stop them -- our national do not call register is broke (otherwise it WOULD work).

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
We are canceling your social security number

Oh, Noes! Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

We are canceling your social security number
Does that mean that they are going to stop taking social security deductions out of your paycheck?

That would give you what, a 7.2% increase in take-home pay?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the thread title. I got Vtail when I called. Must be a scam.

https://lookup.robokiller.com/p/320-318-1475

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The odd English phrasing in the Soc Sec robo calls, saying things like "to further the investigation" is very similar to how people in India use English. Not sure if that's where the scam is coming but it it's possible I guess.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:

It IS illegal -- pisser is, just can't stop them -- our national do not call register is broke (otherwise it WOULD work).

Tinyman

Find the originating position of the call and send in the drone.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Got one today in fact
I didn't answer but they left a message they are out to get me and cancel my SS number!

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Kindly, no one from our government uses that word.
Sounds like Nigerian English to me.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Kindly, no one from our government uses that word.
Sounds like Nigerian English to me.

And that "Judiciary Department" sounds legit, too.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'll take a WAG that it might take 100 or 200 such calls, often being verbally abused or otherwise messed with, before hooking a fish. Too bad they don't put this perseverance to actual work. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Phone number looks like the serial number for a P320... I was seriously confused....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Routed to my Google voice account. Like many, I also no longer answer the phone

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the calls 6 times the other day. I answered one and it was a robo call. Said SS compromised, press 1 to speak with someone. I hit 1 and the call disconnected. I have not got a call since. Makes me a little worried that no one has called back since they have a live one on the line.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post