SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sam’s Club refused to honor online tire sale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam’s Club refused to honor online tire sale Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted
I special ordered set of tires for the wife’s car to be delivered and installed at my local club. You can’t pay online, but at the time they’re installed. Recd an email the tres came in on Friday. We get the car over there on the following Tuesday and they won’t honor the price. Said the $70 “instant savings” associated with that promotion ended on Sunday. Even the store manager refused to honor. They ended up taking the tires off the car and putting the old ones back on.

I am at a loss to explain retail today. I’ll order the from Amazon instead.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did you speak too someone in the store about this prior to ordering the tires?

were there texts or emails to Sam's employees ?
that said otherwise?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I recd two emails. The first acknowledging the order and to expect the tires would arrive between 09/14 and 09/18. The second on 09/14 advising the tires had been recd by local club. Nowhere did it state we had to pay for the tires by a certain date to close the sale. I would have thought two business days is sufficient response.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My experience has been that when quality, service, and price are combined, I can't beat Discount Tire.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Was the “instant savings” from the tire manufacturer? That’s the only type of promotion I have ever seen on tires at Sams. If that’s the case, you really shouldn’t expect Sams to do anything about it. It isn’t their program, they didn’t make the rules.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Complained to corporate (Walmart/Sam's Club) and they apologized and issued us $70 gift card. Of course that was on the condition we purchase the tires which we did. Still need to get them installed.

So my wife and I both wasted 2 hours in the middle of our work day for a mere $70 discount...I still feel like I lost.

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I buy my tires from Les Schwab. Not because they are the cheapest, but their service is unsurpassed. It’s like old fashioned service.

I won’t buy tires from Costco/Sams. They go out of their way to tell you why they cannot fix a flat.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Expired coupons and last week's sale ads don't usually gain anything. Sales come and go. Purchases don't usually occur until product and funds change hands in some manner. In this case, you could not complete the transaction until you and the tires were at the store.

Dig into things a bit and you will find tire prices fluctuate considerably more than you might think. I have been quoted drastically different prices in the period of a week.

It is only here (SIGforum) you might still be able to enjoy buying something and have it cross shipped.

File this as a lesson learned. It cost you some time.

typos edited

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I ordered my last set of tires from Tire Rack. They shipped to a local installer - I show up and get them installed, no sweat. You pay at time of ordering so any rebates, etc. are honored (I received an $80 rebate about 2 weeks after ordering them). I won't purchase anywhere else from now on.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
I ordered my last set of tires from Tire Rack.

Have you found the price is competitive when the installation cost was factored in? Were you able to get road hazard coverage?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I buy my tires from Les Schwab. Not because they are the cheapest, but their service is unsurpassed. It’s like old fashioned service.

I won’t buy tires from Costco/Sams. They go out of their way to tell you why they cannot fix a flat.

I went to 5 places when we first got married and needed our first set of new tires. I got quotes from everyone. 3 of the 5 gave us quotes based on the factory size and on other sizes, explaining that the factory size was weird and more expensive.

Of the other two that just gave us prices, les schwab was the worst. Dude printed out some sheet and handed it to me and left. No discussion. No help. Nothing. That and their annoying, overplayed commercials, i started going to Discount and loved it.

Walmart was the other place that didnt discuss it for shit. Just a quote and thats it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Have you found the price is competitive when the installation cost was factored in? Were you able to get road hazard coverage?

Yes. The cost savings were enough even with shipping and installation to make it worth it. The tires came with road hazard coverage as well. Couldn’t hurt you to check out the site. Just my $.02

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I've never met a car I hate so much I'd take it to Sam's for washer fluid. Let alone tires, or allowing them to mount them. I don't even have a wheelbarrow they should be wrenching on.

P.S. - neither do you. Any of you.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

I went to 5 places when we first got married and needed our first set of new tires. I got quotes from everyone. 3 of the 5 gave us quotes based on the factory size and on other sizes, explaining that the factory size was weird and more expensive.

Of the other two that just gave us prices, les schwab was the worst. Dude printed out some sheet and handed it to me and left. No discussion. No help. Nothing. That and their annoying, overplayed commercials, i started going to Discount and loved it.

Walmart was the other place that didnt discuss it for shit. Just a quote and thats it.

I had a blow-out in Washington state as I was heading home to change tire sizes. Les Schwab ran a truck out to me with a new tire ($550) and wheel ($400). They mounted up the wheel on the side of the road and off I went. When I got back to Provo, they took the new tire off and replaced it with my new size, charging me nothing for the 900 miles I had put on the roadside mounted tire. THAT's service.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had a disagreement over mounting of new tires at Costco. Result was walking out & going across the street to Discount Tire. I will never try purchase tires from Costco again. I think the tire sales area is a separate business like the pharmacy & wine store. My blood boils when I think about my Walmart flat fixing experience!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go through Discount because they are everywhere that I end up travelling through. Prices are decent and have never had any issues. You can also set up appointments, so the longest I have been there is around an hour per time at the service center over the last 2 years. No problems either with the road hazard warranty...at least 8 tires across 2 vehicles changed out with no issues.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Another one for Discount Tire here.

Last year while I was still working at a car dealership I needed to replace the tires on my wife's SUV. The dealership was selling tires to retail customers at straight dealer cost plus mounting and balancing together with free rotations for life.

So I made an quote from the tire website and took it in. Discount actually beat that price by ten dollars for the set and together with free rotations, free balancing and repairs it was a no brainer.

Plus, they are four miles from home vs. seventeen miles one way. And as an additional plus I will not get asked if I want to come back to work......

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Discount Tires has been great for the 10+ years I have bought from them. Prices are good and the free rotations are awesome, I make a 7AM Sat appt and am out in 30 minutes.

In fact I just bought new tires 3 weeks ago and I was in and out in less than 30min and their service has always been good.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We went to Sams on Sunday and got in line behind a woman who only had 6 items. There were only 3 registers open and the lines suddenly filled up in a hurry.

The woman in front of us was there for over 15mins, trying to use a coupon that was expired.
She would not move until they accepted it. Then she had then remove part of the items she had bought after they accepted the coupon because she would not leave.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got Michelin tires from Discount Tires- They had a $70 Rebate and it said "Purchase must be made by 9/15".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post