SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who think you want to hear whatever video they are playing on their phone..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who think you want to hear whatever video they are playing on their phone.. Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I'm really sick of it. You can't go out to eat or stop at the local tavern for a cold one, shop in the grocery store without some jack ass walking around with his phone shoving it into all of his buddies faces playing some stupid fucking video.
Or taking phone calls on speaker phone!! I don't do it and I don't want you intruding on my life with your stupid shit. I do not want to hear what is on your fucking phone regardless of how funny you might think it is or how important you think you are by making your phone conversations public domain. Take it home and laugh your ass off all day in your underwear sitting on the couch. Just fucking stow it in public places!

I'm sitting here right now while my wife has some stupid shit on Facebook playing on her phone. Mad

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I don't even own that type of phone, so I certainly don't want to be forced to listen to other people's. I hate it when we are out to lunch and can't have a quiet conversation because someone at the next table is playing an obnoxious video on full blast and laughing like a hyena jacked up on Redbull.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This approach could be modified to include the video on a cell phone. Here is how Tony deals with inapprpriate behavior:

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I agree. Sometimes I'm tempted to take out my own phone and shout at it to some imaginary person on the phone.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Common courtesy just isn't very common anymore. People are just increasingly rude with every facet of life. Whether it's a video on their cell phone or damn car radio rattling windows, seems more dicks are out there today than days past.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Id say I break the common courtesy thing. If your gonna piss me of in public, I'mma speak to you about it. I dont care if your baby daddy is right there, you either control your kid, or I'm going to ask the place to throw you out. And if you think for one second I wont spank my kid for the same shit, let him try it. He'll get quiet after a few more tears.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Or taking phone calls on speaker phone!! I don't do it and I don't want you intruding on my life with your stupid shit. I do not want to hear what is on your fucking phone regardless of how funny you might think it is or how important you think you are by making your phone conversations public domain.

This. I can't stand that and it's attention seeking at its peak.
Hold the phone to your fucking ear. That's the way its done.
Bluetooth calls in your vehicle also. Turn the fucking volume down and don't leave your door open and expect privacy.
It's a great feature when you're driving but not so much when you're parked and everyone can hear you.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems to be the worst at the DMV. It's not just kids either. Sometimes my husband will do this & it embarrasses me

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking this same thing at the gym yesterday and again today.

No I don't want to hear your garbage music, they already play enough of it over the loud speakers.

And i also don't want to hear your ghetto story being told to your friends on the phone.

There is no modesty or common decency any more.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
This approach could be modified to include the video on a cell phone. Here is how Tony deals with inapprpriate behavior:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hqp1bGuiHHs" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Great video. I just shared it with my wife and we both LOLd while we were at lunch.

jk

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great video. I just shared it with my wife and we both LOLd while we were at lunch.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

jk

I just showed it to a bunch of people at lunch, as well as the next table. Played it like 5 times! Love the Sopranos!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or sitting in a stall and a voice from the next stall says, " How you doing?"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Irritating to an extreme. What I find particularly annoying is when someone I know absolutely insists I have to see a video right that very second.

Right up there with people who don't understand how to filter their language at a restaurant. I curse like a fucking sailor and can tell some horrific stories, but not around families trying to enjoy their meal. It's not common courtesy (because it's not common) but it is basic courtesy.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post