SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    OK.. all reality shows are fake crap but...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK.. all reality shows are fake crap but... Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's ALL tightly scripted these days.

Was reading about how Diners, Drive-In's and Dives makes you think that Guy Fieri just pops into a place he found but the reality is they take over a location for days at a time and it's all very scripted and apparently Guy is a huge prima donna who has to be looked at and spoken to the "right way" when off camera.

Shocking Roll Eyes

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Every now and then we get an Alaskan reality tv series, "Star" for a patient.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I made the mistake of trying to watch a few minutes of Alaska Bush People.

Incredibly lame.
Freaky family there .

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's ALL tightly scripted these days.

Was reading about how Diners, Drive-In's and Dives makes you think that Guy Fieri just pops into a place he found but the reality is they take over a location for days at a time and it's all very scripted and apparently Guy is a huge prima donna who has to be looked at and spoken to the "right way" when off camera.

Shocking Roll Eyes

He's visited a half a dozen places around here over the years. He keeps missing the really good ones. I understand if he gets enough email requests that's where he will go. I've also heard he's a D-Bag. Too bad because he seems like he's very personable and a fun to be around guy on his program. Takes talent to act like a real decent guy but live the rest of you're life like a little bitch. Seems it happens to most celebrities. I've also heard Bobby Flay needs to be throat punched he such a little bitch.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
My new favorite is Airplane Repo, "stealing planes" every plane they recover requires stealth, stealing, night time recovery, problematic planes, One of the guys is from CFL, I've seen VTails airport in several episodes since one of the repo men Mike Kennedy lives nearby in Florida...

Apparently a lot of repo planes frequent that airport LOL

Still, some mindless entertainment is good..

Took these photos of "police officers" stopping one of the "repo" guys before he could take off.
Must be a new technique LE is teaching now...Lol.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Every now and then we get an Alaskan reality tv series, "Star" for a patient.

I've watched most of that series and its really sad to see what clowns they are. It also burns my ass to watch them haul all the trash, Tires and crap from the local dumps home. When they leave a site I am sure they leave it as or better then when they found it.. Roll Eyes

IMO the company's filming theses shows should have to put up a money bond for site clean-up when they abandon an area much like has to be done by the miners on shows like Gold Rush.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Also used to enjoy watching Airplane Repo but man these new shows are over the top with the drama BS.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I've also heard Bobby Flay needs to be throat punched he such a little bitch.

Oh, I’ve got a funny story there.

1997, I’m just about to graduate from the Culinary Institute of America, and I got selected to go as part of a student chef team (gophers and assistants really) out to Aspen, Colorado for the Food & Wine Magazine Classic.

All the big names of the day were there: Julia Child, Emeril Lagasse, Jacques Pepin, all of them. There was also this up and coming guy in the food world by the name of Bobby Flay.

We all got assigned to a celeb chef/foodie for the week but before it kicked off we had to go to this big orientation and meet & greet with all of them. Julia and Emeril were as nice and as gracious and approachable as can be, it was awesome. In comes Bobby Flay’s pretty young assistant who quickly runs over to us CIA student chefs and very HAUGHTILY informs us that we are NOT to approach Bobby, speak to him or otherwise bother him in any way without going through her.

Okay chickey Roll Eyes

My opinion of him was formed right then and there and I’m sure he’s only become MORE of an arrogant douchebag in 24 years. I remember Para talking about his (rigged) show “Beat Bobby Flay“ and how he lamented that the contestant who won against Bobby didn’t actually get to physically beat him with a 2x4 at the end.
Big Grin

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
The best ever reality series was “The Joe Schmo Show”. Every one but 1 guy (the schmo) was an actor. The whole show was designed to fuck with the only guy who thought he was on a real show. They kept making things more and more outrageous seeing how far they could push things before he called bullshit.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let’s not leave out magazine articles. I was interviewed several years ago by a writer that was focusing on the agency’s use of Glock pistols. After reading the article, I found I was quoted as saying things I did not say, and what I did say was not quoted. I was very disappointed in the writer, as I had him pegged as a decent guy.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post