SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Yet Another Credit Card Fraud
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet Another Credit Card Fraud Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
I believe most people would be shocked to see the lists being traded/sold on the Dark Web. Credit card numbers, names, addresses, phone numbers, SSNs, and more.

Which is why I have credit reporting locked at all three major agencies, at an agency that performs a similar service for checking/savings accounts, and a fifth agency that does much the same for utilities, and have recently signed my wife and I up for identity theft detection/protection.

quote:
Apple Pay is definitely secure, due to random numbers generated for each transaction, and I use it wherever it is accepted, and tend to choose merchants for that reason.

Same here, and for the same reason.

quote:
Still, I always shudder when I have to swipe a card to get gas.

Ditto.

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
My Shell station put in new pumps a couple of weeks ago with upgraded credit card readers and display, but still no chip reader.

That's simply inexcusable

quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Our local Kroger gas stations just swapped out their mag strip readers on the pumps for chip readers.

Good on them!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
The dominant media is no more "mainstream" than leftists are liberals.

Posts: 16256 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
but you can take steps to limit your exposure.

Sure, it seems like everyone is doing something to minimize the risk. But, the point is, if you have a CC and live long enough, you will get hacked.

I have a Chase credit card and it seems I get hacked once a year. It's happened so often that it's kind of an annual ritual. Mad

NRA Endowment Life Member; ISRA Member

“The Left want to be our shepherds. But that requires us to be sheep.” ― Thomas Sowell

Posts: 4610 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post