SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Please wait until people have exited the elevator before trying to enter!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please wait until people have exited the elevator before trying to enter! Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
It will be easier for everyone involved! I promise!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What really works well is when the doors open and they start charging in, they see a guy in leg irons and handcuffs accompanied by 4 guys with tac gear on.

"I'll wait for the next one"

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
True it will. Sadly, some getting off got lost somewhere between getting on and their floor. It never ceases to amaze me when the door opens, no one moves toward the door until the door starts to close and then, "Oh, this s my floor." Well smack my ass and call me Willy, is that why you pushed or asked for that button to be pushed?

Why is it no one has any kind of attention span for anything anymore?

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I stand right in front of the door, like almost pressed against it, so when the door opens the fool rushing in has to jerk to a stop.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ This is my tactic, too. And if people still don't move out of the way, I'll start yelling for people to make way like I'm a herald for royalty.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Violators shall be sentanced to 100 rides on an elevator and 200 rides on an escalator, made in China.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Violators shall be sentanced to 100 rides on an elevator and 200 rides on an escalator, made in China.

Yeah, with constant Barfy Manifold for the music.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I make space. But it pisses me off when I pause and no one seems like they are getting off when suddenly someone will move to exit while I’m entering. Often they are engrossed in their phone. However many times they are just standing there and they suddenly realize they want to exit. Pay attention folks. It’s just a 10 second elevator ride.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Elevators. Meh. That's sissy stuff.

Try to exit a NYC subway car when the hordes are pushing their way in.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Never been on the NYC subway, but I can tell you the Metro trains in Shanghai and Beijing require steely resolve to exit.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here when the elevator door opens they all look up from their smart phones like- What do you want?

I want you out of the elevator so I get get on.....

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Who is now imagining the trains in India?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same with buses, trains, submarine's etc

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, 4x5 some see the door open with their head down and just walk onto the elevator not knowing of seeming to care if anyone has to exit.

Ever had someone pushing the ><(close door) button while you are trying to get on?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about the people who get on an elevator without noticing if it is going up or down, and as the door is closing go into a panic cause it isn't going the way they want and attempt to get off, or some similar gyration?

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
What about the people who get on an elevator without noticing if it is going up or down, and as the door is closing go into a panic cause it isn't going the way they want and attempt to get off, or some similar gyration?

Was on the ground floor. Just as the door closes, guy appears and asks “Going up?”
Couldn’t resist “No, sideways, (pointing)
Guy apologized and step back. Door closed, everybody laughs.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Often they are engrossed in their phone.

Not to hijack the thread, but this is a much larger issue than just on elevators! VA has no law against using phones while actually screaming up the road at 70+ with their faces plastered in a "smart phone".

State gubbermint passed a law banning such, but our hildabeast clone gubbornor vetoed it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Elevators. Meh. That's sissy stuff.

Or New Dehli!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Or people that stand right in front of the doors waiting for them to open so they can enter. For f*&^ sacks stand to the side.

Also if your child has the inclination to push random buttons/floors don't let them near the controls and don't laugh it off.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post