SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Get Your Head Out Of Your Phone And Pay Attention To What You're Doing!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Your Head Out Of Your Phone And Pay Attention To What You're Doing! Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billr:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Thank me later....

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-0...racket/dp/B000CRZXPI

They are loud, but sort of an annoying sound (which might be what you are after). I find that a set of true (high and low) horns from a 1960's or 1970's vehicle to be just as loud (decibel wise), but they sound like a real horn. I use a pair from a 1974 Land Cruiser in my 2010 Tacoma, which came with an anemic single tone horn. Easy to wire in. Any old large GM or Ford vehicle would provide a good set, too. Much cheaper than buying new high-tech horns, and who really needs a train horn? Really?

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
And don't use it for selfies with bear, moose, buffalo, or cougar.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I want a car horn that sounds like the screeching sounds tires make when locked up at speed. I figure THAT might get attention.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The late comedian Greg Geraldo had the best description for a person texting: "I'm crouched over my phone like a crack addled Praying Mantis!"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Thank me later....

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-0...racket/dp/B000CRZXPI
Do you have those? Are they really, REALLY, loud? Worth buying?

Yes sir. Bought a set for my STI and I've got a set awaiting install (time) on my RS. You bet your ass they are substantial improvement over your stock horn. They'll get their attention. And they look great!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
The types already mentioned are bad but, you forgot the women in grocery store aisles clamping it to their ear with their shoulder and trying at the same time to navigate their buggy and keep two or three kids leashed in at the same time while ramming into everyone else.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post