SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    my spare tire won't fit in the trunk well.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my spare tire won't fit in the trunk well. Login/Join 
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
If it's any consolation, my spare tire doesn't fit in my pants, either.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Maybe you could adapt a spare used by other manufactures. Here is a BMW spare:

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_...BIM-SST-F25-KIT.html

Very similar to the setup I have strapped in the trunk of my M3 for roadtrips. The donut is nowhere near the size of a full-size spare, but it will get me to wherever I need to go in a crunch.

OP didn't really clarify, but I suspect the fit issue is one of width, not diameter. IOW, whatever cover is over the hole won't close or lay flat with a full size spare in the hole.

You should get on the Caddy forums and search for spare tire solutions. I suspect someone has already solved this issue for you, complete with part numbers and sources.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My last two cars, a 2006 BMW Z-4 and a 2011 Corvette, have had run-flat tires. They are great. My wife's Honda Accord has a donut tire and a jack.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
If it's any consolation, my spare tire doesn't fit in my pants, either.

LOL!!! When I read the thread title, I thought this would be some kind of metaphorical discussion about Dunlap disease. Big Grin

As for the actual topic, I'm glad Toyota wised up and supplied a full-size spare on the Venza.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
We use to call them WIDE TRACKERS, TA RADIAL. Big Grin

In WalMart you may make the comment, "Look at the TA RADIALS on that one." Eek

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post