SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dyson Airblade is a fine invention, however...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dyson Airblade is a fine invention, however... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Germ freaks kill me. There's nasty shit EVERYWHERE. Take a few cultures from random public surfaces.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Germ freaks kill me. There's nasty shit EVERYWHERE. Take a few cultures from random public surfaces.

One of our local news stations did just that.
Pin pads on gas pumps and ATMs (very germy)
Door handles on restrooms (not as bad as you would think)
ETA: buttons on elevators - first floor was the worst because EVERYONE hits that one.

One of the worst tests was the escalator hand rail. The rubber thing that travels with you.
It was one of the filthiest things they tested...might be because I *think* they tested the one at the airport. You really don't want to hold that and then eat a slice of pizza.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

So it appears the product that creates the most danger depends on who's doing the study... Big Grin

BINGO!! Follow the money. Vendor-sponsored "studies" are better referred to as "propaganda."

FOB locations in Iraq featured airblade hand drying stations in the DFAC (dining facilities), with guards lording over each person to enter; a requirement to wash hands and dry using the dyson dryers.

quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

Pin pads on gas pumps and ATMs (very germy)
Door handles on restrooms (not as bad as you would think)
ETA: buttons on elevators - first floor was the worst because EVERYONE hits that one.

One of the worst tests was the escalator hand rail. The rubber thing that travels with you.
It was one of the filthiest things they tested...might be because I *think* they tested the one at the airport. You really don't want to hold that and then eat a slice of pizza.

Add to that our propensity to shake hands. Eliminate that and it will eliminate a massive share of transmission of potential pathogens in the population.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post