SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So, umm, on the American Heroes Channel (formerly the Military Channel), there's a guy in uhh...in a dress
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, umm, on the American Heroes Channel (formerly the Military Channel), there's a guy in uhh...in a dress Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Dr. Aryeh Nusbacher is now Dr. Lynette Nusbacher.

Well, AHC has this or that program playing, talking about mid-20th Century mechanized warfare, and Blitkrieg and Patton and all this manly shit, and all of a sudden, there's a man in a dress, talking about German tracked vehicles.

For fuck's sake. What's the demographic for AHC? Overwhelmingly male, no doubt. What. the. fuck?

Can they not find anyone else who can speak knowledgeably on the subject, gives a good soundbite and appears comfortable on camera? I know all of that narrows the field, but do we really have to hear from a man sitting there in a Goddamned dress? I have to change the channel. I can't take this cat seriously. He might as well be sitting there in full clown makeup, with a rainbow wig and bright red nose. Jesus!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
What is really bizarre is that the first time I saw it I had just watched an episode of something he was in Before the “transition “

Then the next show I thought, hmm a sister that’s a military historian as well. What are the odds?

Bizarre for sure.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Oh, and even before the “change” I much preferred William Atwater’s contributions to those types of shows than this Nusbacher fella. Even that alien meme guy was more tolerable than oxford educated Nusbacher.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
...and combat boots...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I always thought that guy was weird.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
He/It has been that way for years.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
He/It has been that way for years.
Yeah, well, he just started showing up on TV in a Goddamned dress. That's all I know. Fucking ridiculous. It used to be that society wouldn't encourage the mentally ill, and anyone who thinks they are the sex other than that which they are born, is mentally ill.

If you want to put on a dress and makeup and change your name, go ahead, but your sex is determined while you are in the womb, and NOTHING can change that. End of story.

Fucking ridiculous that the producers of these shows still invite this loon to be on camera. Just incredible. Again, who is the audience for these shows??

Hello?

McFly???

Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I noticed it a quite some time ago. IT's a damn shame too, I used to watch that show all the time and can't stomach it now.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well there is another channel down the drain.

The focus of my History degree was Warfare mainly in the 20th Century.

And of course the Panzer Units/battles were always a top favorite for me to write papers on. So there is no way I can sit there and watch this individual describe the brutal battles of the Kursk, the Citadel, and el alamein and not roll my eyes.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Atwater when I was working at APG. There were many many days I took an unofficial lunch and walked the museum and the armor park.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I saw this the other night; "Dude looks like lady"

I was thinking this isn't the channel or program for a tyranny-expert.

Maybe Bravo's audience would be more accepting.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sure it's not the new version of MASH?

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LMFAO

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
On Science Channel's Mysteries of the Abandoned series as well.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A goofy-looking guy who was a crappy "pop" historian became a goofy-looking dickless guy who is a crappy "pop" historian.

We live in such a wondrous age.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They shove this shit down our throats at every opportunity. I refuse to watch.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
He'd fit right in on the MASH series next to Klinger Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I was always weirded out by the voice before. Knew something was wrong.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr. Aryeh Nusbacher

Guy was weird before he decided to play dress-up. Now he’s extra weird.

It was just recently that someone told me the Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters. Both of them.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had seen both versions of this guy and not made the connection. I was watching the new version with my wife one night, who, out of the blue, said "that's a guy!"
That's when I googled the name and got the story. Always reminds me of the surgeon at Johns Hopkins, who in the early days of all this transgender business, said
"We see people like this all the time but we don't operate on them. We send them to a psychiatrist." Gender, by the way, is determined by your chromosomes at birth, not your imagination.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post