SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Things that make you say "Dang, I'm old".
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things that make you say "Dang, I'm old". Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
About the old couple oogling them

Oogling? They were sitting right next to us. Hard not to notice. I think I have a fairly thick skin, but that seems a little harsh. I don't oogle.[/QUOTE]

Good point, I’d forgotten about that: skin’s gotten a lot thinner and less elastic over the years so scrapes tend to cause more damage and bleed more than they used to.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
quote:

Oogling? They were sitting right next to us. Hard not to notice. I think I have a fairly thick skin, but that seems a little harsh. I don't oogle.

Good point, I’d forgotten about that: skin’s gotten a lot thinner and less elastic over the years so scrapes tend to cause more damage and bleed more than they used to.[/QUOTE]

Well played! Very true.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oogling? They were sitting right next to us. Hard not to notice. I think I have a fairly thick skin, but that seems a little harsh. I don't oogle.
Yeah, you were Ooogling them. You thought you looked for a second, but you did it over and over and over... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
[QUOTE]About the old couple oogling them

Yeah, you were Ooogling them. You thought you looked for a second, but you did it over and over and over... Wink[/QUOTE

Like I said. We could hear them. Didn't have to look. But ok, not worth spending time on this. But then again, you may have a point. Here I am oogling this thread. I'll stop.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When your home stereo is older then most of the people you work with.

quote:
what Paul McCartney did to be so famous.

He was in Wings.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Probably 30 years back I was at a grocery store and two little girls like 10 or 11 are sitting on the floor reading magazines in front of the book racks.

One says to the other.... "Ya know, Paul Mc Cartney was in another band before Wings".

I felt SO old.

Nowadays...I always feel old.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I went to a "trendy" local restaurant for a 35 y.o. associate's birthday party. There's loud music on all the time, and really loud music when they bring out the cake/icecream/sundae/whatever with the roman candle for the celebration. Since everyone in the place is there to celebrate something, this happens about every 90 seconds. "Trendy" in this case is a nicer way of saying "loud, expensive, not my demo, and the Kardashian clan would love it." I recognized one song all night; Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." That's it. We were there for almost three hours...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I owned one of those back in the day... Now, I've forgotten how to use it..

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
When you are hiring guys who were born after you graduated high school....

Kid was sitting next to me in roll call last summer. Looks REAL YOUNG! It's his first week on the job. Watch Commander messes with him a little... "You old enough to drive, kid?" "What year were you born in?"

Kid says 1995.

I ask him when in 95?

December, 1995.

My fuckin uniform shirt is older than this kid...

That's the day I felt real old. I'm not even 50 yet.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

The fact you omitted the smiley face from my quote probably means a nerve was touched, a nerve likely touched when you told that evening "oh Harold, leave the kids alone and relax for once." (Name changed to protect dignity.) Big Grin

You see, the smiley face is something the ginger generation uses to say “That’s a joke, I say that’s a joke son.” Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot local IDPA matches with a group of "kids" that remind me that I am the old fart. We were sitting around last Saturday after the match and I one of 'em how old he was and he said 35. I looked and said, "I was older than that when you were born."

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
When talking with student workers at the university I worked at, I realized I hung out in college with their grandparents.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I look at the new jr enlisted or 2LTs.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I havent had a good oogling in a bit...

Where does one find that in this town?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
When I look at the new jr enlisted or 2LTs.

Right? I’m more at the “Dang, getting I’m old” point. I knew it was coming when I met a MSgt younger than me. It was a little traumatic.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
I'm Simpson 260 old.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oddball,
“Paul McCartney, as everyone knows, was a musician in the band Wings” (overheard from two millennials)

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a know how to test a capacitor with a Simpson 260 meter old.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, know what you are talking about PH, got my degree in Electronics many years ago.

What makes me feel old, is like yesterday, I ran my string trimmer for an hour. I am sore in 4 places today because of that. Years ago, I helped my brother with his mowing business when someone suddenly quit...I could run a string trimmer for the most part of 8 hours. Geez am I old now.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I’m only 41 now, but am the “captain of the ship” as a physician in an Emergency Department. A few (like about 3 or 4 during a week of work) of my nurses are older than I am, an only 2 of those have been working in an ED longer than I have. I love those battleaxes, women (yes, they’re all women right now) who have seen more sick, traumatized, and ridiculous people than I have, they will drag my ass to the patient that needs my help “right now!” The younger ones haven’t seen more than one or two people crash in front of them, watch helpless as a child dies, or an elderly patient takes there last breath. They don’t have the experience to sound the alarm when a patient is not yet in extremis, but soon will be. Most of today’s nurses are too busy preparing they’re applications for nurse practitioner’s school (online, without verifiable experience). I grieve for the loss of experienced nurses, who could guide inexperienced physicians like a Gunnery Sargeant guides a new JLT. Those few that are left make my life so much easier, and save so many more patient’s lives than they will ever know. The new crop of nurses, with uppity attitudes and a paucity of experience make my 41yo butt feel old, and pine for the battleaxes, the weathered women who recognized the truly sick before I did, and whose humble care saved more lives than I.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post