SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Things that make you say "Dang, I'm old".
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things that make you say "Dang, I'm old". Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
... I recognized one song all night; Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." ...

I know I'm old when I hear that song, say, "Dolly did it better," and nobody knows what I'm talking about.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My name is Kirk, often people hear Curt or Kurt, so my go to introduction has always been, "Kirk, like the captain" finally got my first blank look and a "who?" from a guy i met on a job site a few months back.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The passing of Tim Conway, Katie Lee, Charles Harteshorne, Abe Vigoda.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
I'm a know how to test a capacitor with a Simpson 260 meter old.

Pbbbbt - I know how to test a capacitor WITHOUT a meter and only with an E-nothing standing next to me. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Pbbbbt - I know how to test a capacitor WITHOUT a meter and only with an E-nothing standing next to me. Big Grin

Razz Big Grin

I learned VERY early on in my career never to trust a loose capacitor just laying on the bench minding it's own business.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
... I recognized one song all night; Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." ...

I know I'm old when I hear that song, say, "Dolly did it better," and nobody knows what I'm talking about.

How about "Julie, Do Ya Love Me"?

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When we go to IHOP for lunch and I say to my wife “Look at all the old people here!”. Then we look at each other and realize its us.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
When I was a teenager, my cohorts and I made fun of the radio station self-described as: easy listening, soft rock, at-work mix station.

When those stations started playing all the songs I used to listen to, I realized I was old.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get asked if I was eligible for a senior discount.
Now they give it to me automatically.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:
When we go to IHOP for lunch and I say to my wife “Look at all the old people here!”. Then we look at each other and realize its us.

Next phase is when they are they for lunch and you're there for the early-bird dinner specials!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
When I see how good Christie Brinkley looks at 55 and wish I was 55 again...

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm so old I had nudie girl calendars and posters on the walls in every shop I worked in.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post