SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I believe this qualifies as "ironic".
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I believe this qualifies as "ironic". Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I ordered a "MAGA" hat from the Trump Coalition (or whatever they call themselves).

It arrived the other day, complete with "Made in China" tag... Roll Eyes

OTOH, it's working. An veddy British acquaintance of mine saw the hat and said "So, you approve of Trump?"

"Absolutely!" I said.

"And what is it that you approve of?"

"No bullshit, no kowtowing to political correctness, says what he means and does what he says. He's the Anti-politician."

Ben sorta blinked and said "Do you think Kavanaugh will get his seat on the Supreme Court?"

"If enough people pull their head out of their ass, certainly!"

He didn't have much to say to me after that...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You must be getting a lot of noise about Collins up there.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

When she put her name in the "yes" column, you could've knocked me over with a feather!

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How's that playing? I've never figured out Maine politics.

quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

When she put her name in the "yes" column, you could've knocked me over with a feather!

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
How's that playing? I've never figured out Maine politics.

Haven't gotten any feedback yet, but I'd imagine not well at all. Maine is a blue state and usually Collins is a flaming RINO.

Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I emailed her office about Kavanaugh a couple of days ago asking her to vote for him. While I'm not a resident of Maine we do own properties in Aroostook county as well as near Machias. That makes us tax payers in Maine. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My MAGA hat, purchased during the Campaign, has a large "Made In America" tag on the inside.

I know a lot of websites are now selling Trump paraphernalia, but I don't think they're all legit. We almost bought from a place mentioned here on SigForum a while back that offered free hats, just pay shipping, but I think further checking showed it was not really DJT.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

I know a lot of websites are now selling Trump paraphernalia, but I don't think they're all legit. We almost bought from a place mentioned here on SigForum a while back that offered free hats, just pay shipping, but I think further checking showed it was not really DJT.
The website that you are referring to, "free hats, just pay shipping" -- my suggestion, stay away from them.

This is based on my personal experience. I ordered a hat from them, "KEEP AMERICA GREAT." Free hat, just pay shipping. The shipping was $7.95, so it might as well have been "pay for the hat, free shipping."

I paid, my credit card was charged, then in the months that followed I was slammed with emails from them ("them" being Coalition for Trump" or something similar). After multiple requests to "unsubscribe," I finally wrote them an email and told them to STOP this shit. I haven't heard from them since.

Then, two or three months after I had paid, I received a small package in the mail. It was a hat in an envelope, mailed directly from China. So no question about where it was made! Quality of the hat is somewhere between poor and barely acceptable.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
@ V-Tail - my experience exactly.

Fool me once...

posted Hide Post
I'll ask my girlfriend for the website she ordered from originally, and post it for PHPaul. The hat I got, as well as other stuff like "Deplorable" t-shirts, were all very nice quality and made here.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Irony is truth played extra loud.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post