SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Freaking out over wild animals THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freaking out over wild animals THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!!!!! Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Plus Jersey's famous for the 1916 feeding frenzy: 5 died, 2 in Matawan Creek which is inland.

quote:
The 1916 shark attacks: Matawan, N.J.'s 100-year struggle with a bloody legacy

http://www.nj.com/entertainmen...acks_matawan_ce.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...hark_attacks_of_1916

Today is the anniversary.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Every day we have a few articles about bears being bears in our daily paper.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people become very frightened when they are reminded that not every square inch of planet Earth belongs to the human race.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Years back I had an employee turn down a nice promotion that involved moving from Texas to New Mexico.

Apparently the wife discovered there are spiders in New Mexico.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I've seen people freak out over a dang Garter Snake or frog in the grass.

Not to mention spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by V-Tail:
I have a friend who lives in Alabama (winter) and Alaska (summer). If you're a bluegrass fan you might have heard her -- Ginger Boatwright.

She just sent me some photos this morning, taken in her back yard in Alaska.
=====================================================
Deleted the pix to save space. Heard from my brother who was at his cabin in N. Idaho a few days ago.

He was sitting on the front porch admiring the view and fresh air. His wife came around the corner and told him to look over his left shoulder. There stood a bear (estimated weight=250 lbs) about 10 feet from brother.

Brother said to the bear, "good morning". The bear looked at him and wandered away.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, when I was a Boy Scout leader, it was an annual discussion with new kid's moms about snakes. Never mind the last recorded fatal snake bite in WA was in 12 B.C.

I'd jolly them out of their fearfulness and never thought it was useful to tell them that tress kill a dozen or so people a year in the woods or did at that time when there was more forest industry.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

"... trash pandas ..."

OK, I laughed out loud on that one. Thanks! Smile

Me, too! Had to think for a minute, first, though...

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5302 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it was Henry Rollins who said: "I never feel bad for a person who gets bitten by a shark while in the ocean, because that is where sharks are."

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Brother said to the bear, "good morning". The bear looked at him and wandered away.

Bears just want love too (or meat)!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
"There is an alligator in that pond. What are you going to do about it Mr. Policeman?"

Me- "Nothing. Enjoy the view. Don't get too close, and dont feed him. He is in his natural habit, his home if you will."

Douche- "But, but, you JUST HAVE to do something. There is a dangerous animal over there. Its for the churreeennn."

Me- Bye Felicia.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
Years back I had an employee turn down a nice promotion that involved moving from Texas to New Mexico.

Apparently the wife discovered there are spiders in New Mexico.

Texas outlawed spiders? Thats great news.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I've seen people freak out over a dang Garter Snake or frog in the grass.

Not to mention spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa buddy!!!
We can handle sharks, bears, panthers, wolves & pterodactyls! But spiders are just plain CREEPY! Eek
They just give ya the "heeby-jeebys"!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They built a large condo development in our town next to the Meadow lands. From time to time we would get panicked 9-1-1 calls that there was a animal on someone's porch.

Telling them to shoo them away was over their head.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, there was a 911 voice recording being forwarded around the world from Alaska. Someone who recently moved there from the Lower 48 called 911 because there was a bear in their yard. The caller is freaking out, and the operator is asking questions like "where are you?" {inside house} "is it trying to get into the house? {no} "why are you calling then?" {because there is a bear in my yard} "that's normal, call back if it becomes aggressive"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23200 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My MIL just showed me a video of some disney dork shooting pics of a spike horn bull elk, while sitting on his dumbass by the side of the road and playfully butting heads with him. Some people deserve what they get. I'm picturing him impaled and riding through the forest as a new hat when that elk decides playtime is over.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post