SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    On the long list of things that aggravate this cranky old man
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the long list of things that aggravate this cranky old man Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronbo1012:
I live in an area where there are probably 10 Toyota dealers within an hour drive. I went looking for a 4Runner and told the sales person I knew exactly what I wanted and I wanted his best price. He wanted to play the back and forth game, I told him the price he comes back with the first time is what I will take to other dealerships. I said if they beat it I won't be back, so make it good. He got the manager who started whining about coming to them first was the kiss of death, and the sales person has to make a little money. Then he said if I get a better deal, please come back and he'll beat it. With that I told him he obviously was not going to give me his best price and walked out.

Yeah, but it was true. Being the first dealer was a guarantee you wouldn't be buying from them.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post