SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Uptick In People Posting Willy-Nilly All Over The Place?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uptick In People Posting Willy-Nilly All Over The Place? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
C'mon people! Roll Eyes

We have a PISTOLS section to talk about PISTOLS
A RIFLE section to talk about RIFLES
An Ammo Prices section to bitch about them
A Section like this to complain!
A Section to discuss movies and TV

Etc Etc Etc

Please stop posting in the wrong sections willy-nilly!

I'm starting to see a real uptick of people posting threads in the wrong section, I know I can't be the only one seeing this?

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
What I see is a lot of everybody just posting in the Lounge.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
What I see is a lot of everybody just posting in the Lounge.

That and multiple new threads on something right there being discussed at length like Stimulus Frown

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I think we'll be okay, as long as they don't also start posting Nimbly-Bimbly.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Or Wonky Donkey

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or pell mell.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I think we'll be okay, as long as they don't also start posting Nimbly-Bimbly.

Or drinking milk from a saucer.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Mimsy Were the Borogoves

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Willy nilly

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wooly Bully

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
And keep the googly moogly out, too.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Might be the masks, lack of oxygen hampering their ability to comprehend the rules. I see it on the highway every day.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Deleted, as no longer necessary.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Here's another one that can't read:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...240085084#9240085084
He is new here, probably did not realize.

I sent him an email explaining the error of his ways, and asking him to take care of it.
ETA: Looks like he took care of it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I do understand the “why“ people sometimes do that. What they have to say is in their mind, very important. putting it in a segregated part of the forum reduces the visibility of that thought; not to mention the potential responses.

A logical solution, (to me anyway) is that members should attempt to discipline themselves to post in the proper part of the forum, if they do not get the answer they are looking for, “then“ post a link in the open forum to their question to try to gain more responses.

We see the same thing with celebrity death announcements, they belong in the entertainment area of the forum but are often posted in the general area.

Why? Because people have to be “1st“ to post something and they want everyone to know that they’ve posted it already.

This is some thing that Para has railed against often, especially when it comes to posting “breaking news”. Hell, I’ll be the first to admit I used to be one of “those members”. Now I sit back and let the story marinate a little bit before I begin posting about something I don’t have any information on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I do understand the “why“ people sometimes do that. What they have to say is in their mind, very important. putting it in a segregated part of the forum reduces the visibility of that thought; not to mention the potential responses.

A logical solution, (to me anyway) is that members should attempt to discipline themselves to post in the proper part of the forum, if they do not get the answer they are looking for, “then“ post a link in the open forum to their question to try to gain more responses.

We see the same thing with celebrity death announcements, they belong in the entertainment area of the forum but are often posted in the general area.

Why? Because people have to be “1st“ to post something and they want everyone to know that they’ve posted it already.

This is some thing that Para has railed against often, especially when it comes to posting “breaking news”.

^^^^ Exactly correct on all accounts ^^^^^

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im on an archery forum and it has about 30 different sub sections where you can post. Its actually too many. Anyways there was guy who posted in the bowhunting section about getting a new "hunting truck", whatever that means. He stated he knew it should have went in another section but feared it would not get as much attention.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
He stated he knew it should have went in another section but feared it would not get as much attention.

LMAO

I just saw that ‘here’ within the last week or so. Hahaha

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post