SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dicks Sporting Goods sells .223 but not .556
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks Sporting Goods sells .223 but not .556 Login/Join 
posted
I know I know they are giant pieces of shit but I went inside the store to see if I could find a pair of shoes then order them somewhere else online.

While inside I decided to check the guns and ammo. Decent supply of rifle hunting rounds and very little handgun ammo. I noticed a few boxes on the bottom shelf of 223. WTF assholes I thought you were so against the evil assault rifles. Are you too stupid to realize those 223 will work exactly the same in the assault rifles?

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dicks Sporting Goods sells .223 but not .556

They probably don’t sell .556 because that’s a very large bore and there aren’t too many guns chambered for it. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Dicks Sporting Goods sells .223 but not .556

They probably don’t sell .556 because that’s a very large bore and there aren’t too many guns chambered for it. Wink

Bet it would kill you real good.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Bet it would kill you real good.

Now, see: That’s another reason they don’t sell it. Killing someone a little is okay, but real good? Nope, we can’t have that. Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
IMO shopping for something at a B&M store with the full intention of buying it on-line is unethical, even if the B&M store is Dick's.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Are you too stupid to realize those 223 will work exactly the same in the assault rifles?

Sporting rifles.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
meh...don't understand why you care.

223 is also chambered in bolt action rifles

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they sell .308 and not 7.62?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
IMO shopping for something at a B&M store with the full intention of buying it on-line is unethical, even if the B&M store is Dick's.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Normally, I might agree with you. In the case of Dick's, I'd happily make an exception.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't recall Dicks halting sales of "assault rifle" ammo specifically... It was Wal-Mart who recently announced that they would no longer sell "assault rifle" calibers like .223/5.56/7.62x39/etc.

Dicks did stop selling ARs after a high profile mass shooting a few years ago, but has continued selling ammo.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s called capitalism. If any B&M store wants to stay competitive either offer products at lowest prices or offer something else, like great customer service. As an example, Chick-Fil-A is no way near the lowest price fast-food, but it is teh best and their customer service is #1.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They say something and do the other thing. they would have bankrupted.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Many people seem to be oblivious to the fact that part of good customer service is having a store and stocking merchandise so that it’s possible to walk in, and look at, handle, examine, and compare the actual product with others. It’s not just about product prices that can be kept lower due to the lack of overhead costs that a company avoids by not having a retail store.

And ironically, Chick-fil-A is a perfect illustration of that fact. I eat every day, and on a Sunday any McDonald’s provides infinitely better customer service than any Chick-fil-A restaurant.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
WELLLLLllll, the difference in their view is that 5.56 is MILITARY ammo and will kill people, where as .223 is civilian ammo and will only kill deer, pigs, coyotes and other animals. See? It's simple.

I hope that clears up Dicks stupidity. If not, then try and follow the logic of them destroying $5million worth of mean nasty black "ASSAULT" rifles so that they do not end up in the hands of gun owners. (like gun owners are too stupid or cannot simply go and get one from someone else?) WTF? Crazy people do crazy things, and Dicks is example #1 of crazy. I will not even walk into the store, but I support you using them to get your shoe sized correctly so you can go buy them off the internet from a sane company.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...eep-them-off-street/ ]

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been into at least two dicks stores and found the evil Ammo box military 5.56 ridiculously priced of course.

They do price match to other big box stores. Had a coupon for $10 off $50 purchase which doesn’t exclude Ammo or price matched Ammo. Got a good deal so I hope they lost money on it.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack said his company destroyed $5 million worth of assault rifles as part of its tough stance on guns.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...ed-stack/3905106002/

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let me know if this is ethical, because I do this every hunting and fishing seasons since Dick’s went screwy.

I go to dick’s, buy the good gear I need...waders, tent, insulated camo gear, etc...I use it, then I take it back to the store when I’m done saying some little part is defective, I then get my money back.

However, I did just recently buy a bunch of .223 and 9mm at dicks because there was a really good sale.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course that is ethical. You should leave them a bad google review too, complain about the dirty restrooms, the ignorant salespeople and trash in the parking lot. You should mention that the defective product caused you bodily harm and that you are filing a lawsuit with Dewey Cheatham and Howe in the morning. Demand action or you and your friends will picket the store!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Let me know if this is ethical, because I do this every hunting and fishing seasons since Dick’s went screwy.
You have to ask if that's ethical? No, it's not ethical. You may feel justified, but it's not ethical. Of course not.

The ethics of your actions are yours alone, not theirs.

Posts: 107264 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post