SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Surprisingly good experience with Amazon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprisingly good experience with Amazon Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
A few days ago an unexplained $7.99 charge from Amazon appeared on my credit card. I suspected that it had something to do with the fact that my free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited had just expired. Suspected that it was a bill for an additional month of the service, which I didn’t want.

I explained that in an email to jeff@amazon.com. I quickly received a reply stating that a refund would appear on my credit card. And the refund did appear today.

Surprisingly good service from a huge company.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Insanely good customer service is entirely normal for Amazon. Anything less would be an exception in my experience.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Never had a bad experience with them. They once advised me that I had purchased an off brand that was represented as a brand name part, and issued a refund immediately.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Only “bad” experience I had with them cost them money instead of me.

Ordered a Canon color laser printer, sold by Amazon. The very next day, before I even received it, the price dropped $30.

I called CS to see about a price adjustment and was told “No way”, dynamic pricing means that the price fluctuates and it is what it is. I explained it was less than 24 hours, not like I am asking a month later. She wouldn’t budge.

Fine, I ordered another one at the lower price. The next day the first one arrived. Seems it had some “packaging damage” from the 2-day UPS trip from KY to WA. So, not wanting to risk it being damaged, I went ahead and returned it at no charge (Prime).

Day after that, printer number 2 arrived and looked great.

Pretty sure the extra cost of shipping a 35lb package twice (2-day UPS deliver and UPS Ground for return) was more than than $30. I damn sure know the 5 min I took me to drop the first one off at the UPS store as I drove by anyway was worth the $30+tax it saved me.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have returned two Bianchi holsters that didn't fit my Rossi M720 at their expense. Seems that Bianchi is now molding their holsters and what would fit in the old days doesn't apply now.

Luckily, I found a used one on Ebay for $30.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
My experience as well,I don't know how they keep up with deliveries,Last Sunday I was cutting the front lawn,new step van made a delivery,as he pulled away a new red Lincoln pulled up and the driver gave another package,they must pay the drivers well. [New red Lincoln]

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Amazon = Good Selection, Good Service, Good Prices.

The guy down the street = ?, ?, ?

I've chased all over town trying to find a thingie and come up dry. Bring up Amazon and there it is. Two days later, here it is.

Easy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
A few days ago an unexplained $7.99 charge from Amazon appeared on my credit card. I suspected that it had something to do with the fact that my free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited had just expired. Suspected that it was a bill for an additional month of the service, which I didn’t want.

I explained that in an email to jeff@amazon.com . I quickly received a reply stating that a refund would appear on my credit card. And the refund did appear today.

Surprisingly good service from a huge company.

Well, looks like ya started at the top. He a friend of yours?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Jeff has a gazillion folks to respond to emails sent to jeff@amazon.com. Just an easily remembered email address.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Good. There are a handful of sourpuss cranky old farts here. Glad to see one with a moment of praise instead of bitchin.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are a handful of sourpuss cranky old farts here.
No idea who you're talking about. None whatsoever.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I also have seen them lower the price substantially on an item not even a day or two later. They used to just refund the difference. Now they just let you buy the item again and then ship back the more expensive one at their cost. It makes no sense.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
There are a handful of sourpuss cranky old farts here.
No idea who you're talking about. None whatsoever.

Big Grin

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I have ordered literally hundreds of things from either Amazon or affiliated companies.

I have NEVER had a problem with them that wasn't immediately rectified.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post