SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Been playing blue rays for years, but today both wouldn't play
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Been playing blue rays for years, but today both wouldn't play Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Decided to go to redbox and get Yesterday. Sounded good on the Lair. First disc played previews ok but screen went blank when movie was ready to start. Tried troubleshooting, no luck.

Called redbox,they agreed to let us get another with no charge. Put second one in and exactly same problem happened.

Figured player somehow got screwed up so put one of our DVDs in. Played fine.

In retrospect we could have rented the damn movie via amazon prime, a few dollars more but figuring three trips to redbox plus the frustration it would have been a much better option.

Still trying to figure out why the DVDs wouldn't play. Now I'm hoping the movie would have sucked.

Watching Ray Donovan instead.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If your Blu-Ray player is older, it may need a firmware update to be able to play newer Blu-Ray discs.

Look at the manufacturer's website for guidance on how to accomplish that. If it's a "smart" BR player that's able to be connected to the internet, that's usually fairly easy. Otherwise, you're looking at having to update it with a USB drive, which is a bit trickier.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post