SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    One of my boys shut off my meat deep freeze!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of my boys shut off my meat deep freeze!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Damn that sucks. My step brother went out to the freezer for something and it did not close all the way.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The one I liked was just the first I found, might be better ones I'm sure. Some of the reviews say it's not very loud.
I have a Johnson Controls temperature control that I use on a chest freezer to use it as a kegerator, it powers on the unit when temp rises above the set point... but I could just as easily plug a klaxon or an air raid siren into it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I lost a whole chest freezer of meat myself one summer. I didn't know the freezer was out until I started smelling it. It was bad.

My only suggestion is to plug it back in, let everything freeze solid, and then clean it out right before they pick up trash. It stinks a little less when frozen, but not much.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Yup, I am most bummed about my deer. Can’t just run down to the store and replace.
Have to wait till November.

Might be covered by your homeowners insurance...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Yup, I am most bummed about my deer. Can’t just run down to the store and replace.
Have to wait till November.

Might be covered by your homeowners insurance...

Not worth the claim on my record and the deductible.

The nastiness will freeze another week. Finished dinner and a huge storm rolled in not cleaning it out in the middle of a storm.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That suuuuckkkss.

The opposite happened to me this week — I had grabbed some ice cream from the garage and when I went to scoop it I couldn’t — it was harder than diamond. Turns out one of my kids turned the external knob on the chest freer to max.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well she is empty. Letting her freeze another week was likely help.
It was not enjoyable but not as bad as I had planned.
All the deer meet was vacuum sealed and all of them swelled up and looked like Portuguese man o war. Big clear bubbles with all these crazy purple, red, green, and blue swirls.
Got all the solids out and filled it up with water and about a a quart or two of Odoban. Now it is sitting with the lid open outside. Of course I have lid strapped open to a pole so it can’t shut on anyone or thing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hate to hear the loss of your entire contents. May the force be with you...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post