SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbor lights up the night.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbor lights up the night. Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Those two lights illuminate my living room and dining room areas so much ,
I no longer need to use my lights in the middle of the night.

That's about 180 feet away Eek

My across the canal neighbors have a light that did that in my house. Then they put a flag in front of it. When the wind blows, the flag intermittently blocks the light. It's like a disco in my house.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
2 ex-husbands I hear

good luck talking to her about it

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
2 ex-husbands I hear

Maybe that's why she moved and has the light.

So anything resolved? you've left us all in the dark....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
you've left us all in the dark....

BOOOOO!!!! Smile

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
2 ex-husbands I hear

Maybe that's why she moved and has the light.

So anything resolved? you've left us all in the dark....

LOL! No, just ignoring it, I did see two moving trucks over there a couple days ago... got my hopes up for a bit. No, sadly she wasn't moving out, rather moving her Mom in.

I still haven't met her but my sister is in a Club of some sorts with the woman's Mom so I get some insight there.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
As some who has 35 years of shift work under his belt, let me suggest two things....

Window blinds
Room Darkening Curtains

It doesn’t take an advanced degree to block light from coming in through a window.

Also can keep people from looking into your house.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I live in a rural lake subdivision. I had the unfortunate event of someone building a house next to me who is apparently afraid of the dark. Had his house lit up like a prison. Finally after a couple years, they have toned it down but good grief... If you're afraid of the dark don't move out where it is dark.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hurricane destroyed my privacy fence so now I get to see the dickhead and his bright spotlights. Thankfully it does not shine into the bedroom. There is no talking to the guy, that is why the fence was eight feet tall. I think I may just put the crappy side of the fence his way when I find someone to put one up. Considering there are probably 32 thousand fences in my county that need repair it will be awhile.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think there is a very high probability of cameras on premises. It’s a good opportunity to go a meet her as a new neighbor. Remember you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Anybody wanna take a guess what’s wrong with this picture?:

Those are the waves crashing on our beach right in front of our house on Lake Huron in Northern Michigan. The dot in the sky is Jupiter. The stacked red lights are from a radio tower about ten miles and the haze of light to the right of them is from Rogers City about twenty mile away.

If you guessed the problem is that the sand on the beach is lit up like a K-Mart parking lot used to be, you are correct. That would be coming from the next door neighbor’s house about 300’ away.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Time to break out the .177

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Time to break out the .177

100% was just going to post the same thing

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It’s a similar situation to the OP’s. Nice family, but when the wife is up here by herself, she leaves the light on all night long. It seems counterintuitive to me to advertise that you are alone and scared. We are on a bay, can see about 12 miles of shoreline, and her’s is the only one.

posted Hide Post
What would Tony Soprano do if someone spoiled his enjoyment with light pollution???

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've had numerous neighbors move out here and one of the lights they leave on all goddammed night shines right into Roxy's window, so I have to cover them every night and uncover them every morning.

If someone wanted to break in or steal, those lights won't do a goddammed thing but light their way to the loot.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post