SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Missing the Better Deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing the Better Deal Login/Join 
posted
Seems to never fail. Either i wait too long & miss an opportunity or i buy too soon and miss a better price. Seems like anytime I buy something thinking I am getting a good deal, a better price almost always comes along. I was gonna order Clear Smoke Lancers for $12/ea last night but fell asleep after I got home from work. Sale apparently ended last night, cause this AM they are back to $17.
Two weeks ago I ordered PSA Colt pattern 9mm mags for my ar build. $17 each, which is about $3 off normal and a pretty good price for a metalform mag. Today I get a sales email with same mags for $12.99 and free shipping. Son of a ...
First world problem, I know. I just hate feeling like I overpaid for things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Happens all the time. The best thing you can do is make your purchase and stop checking.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Regarding your second problem...Some outfits will refund the difference within a specific time frame. You have to call them & ask. For those that do, some it's a month, others it's two weeks. They do this to save themselves the headache of a guy returning the original order & re-buying them at the sale price. It doesn't hurt to ask them. I did this not too long ago with an order from Dick's which went on sale for literally half-price a week after I bought.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I feel you. I walked into Best Buy in December and walked out with a brand new Nikon D750 and the associated official Nikon branded battery grip. Paid right around $2300 for the whole thing. A week later, Nikon starts running a special on the D750 where you buy the camera for $1800 from their web store and they send you the grip for free.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I was gonna order Lancers for $12/ea last night but fell asleep after I got home from work. Sale apparently ended last night, cause this AM they are back to $17.

Here you go... 30 round Lancers for $12.50/each: https://www.apexgunparts.com/p...-black-223-5-56.html

Or, if you're LE/Mil, DSG Arms has 30 round Lancers for $9.84 currently.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Rogue. Fortunately, after I posted, I found the same clear smoke mags I was gonna order for about the same money from another source and ordered 10 more.
I also got a dsg email this morning for a 15% off sale. Makes them about $14 for me, so I'm glad to see someone else cutting LEOs a good deal.

So, maybe my experience was a computer flaw. Seems the retailer in question now has their lancers back on the site for $11.99. Bastages...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Costco......but they had 'em yesterday.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem.
If I mention that I got a good deal on a truck wash someone will come along with "somebody paid ME to get to wash my truck!"

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm at a stage in my life where I no longer stress over getting the best price on the planet for an item. Amazon Prime is a good example. You can often find better pricing somewhere else on an item but the 2 day free shipping is enough to keep me happy. After I place an order, I forget about it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post