SIGforum
Missing the Better Deal

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1560061124

March 17, 2017, 12:54 PM
wolfe 21
Missing the Better Deal
Seems to never fail. Either i wait too long & miss an opportunity or i buy too soon and miss a better price. Seems like anytime I buy something thinking I am getting a good deal, a better price almost always comes along. I was gonna order Clear Smoke Lancers for $12/ea last night but fell asleep after I got home from work. Sale apparently ended last night, cause this AM they are back to $17.
Two weeks ago I ordered PSA Colt pattern 9mm mags for my ar build. $17 each, which is about $3 off normal and a pretty good price for a metalform mag. Today I get a sales email with same mags for $12.99 and free shipping. Son of a ...
First world problem, I know. I just hate feeling like I overpaid for things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...
March 17, 2017, 02:19 PM
SIG4EVA
Happens all the time. The best thing you can do is make your purchase and stop checking.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
March 17, 2017, 02:23 PM
vinnybass
Regarding your second problem...Some outfits will refund the difference within a specific time frame. You have to call them & ask. For those that do, some it's a month, others it's two weeks. They do this to save themselves the headache of a guy returning the original order & re-buying them at the sale price. It doesn't hurt to ask them. I did this not too long ago with an order from Dick's which went on sale for literally half-price a week after I bought.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
March 17, 2017, 02:24 PM
vulrath
I feel you. I walked into Best Buy in December and walked out with a brand new Nikon D750 and the associated official Nikon branded battery grip. Paid right around $2300 for the whole thing. A week later, Nikon starts running a special on the D750 where you buy the camera for $1800 from their web store and they send you the grip for free.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."
March 17, 2017, 03:12 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I was gonna order Lancers for $12/ea last night but fell asleep after I got home from work. Sale apparently ended last night, cause this AM they are back to $17.

Here you go... 30 round Lancers for $12.50/each: https://www.apexgunparts.com/p...-black-223-5-56.html

Or, if you're LE/Mil, DSG Arms has 30 round Lancers for $9.84 currently.
March 18, 2017, 03:56 AM
wolfe 21
Thanks for the link Rogue. Fortunately, after I posted, I found the same clear smoke mags I was gonna order for about the same money from another source and ordered 10 more.
I also got a dsg email this morning for a 15% off sale. Makes them about $14 for me, so I'm glad to see someone else cutting LEOs a good deal.

So, maybe my experience was a computer flaw. Seems the retailer in question now has their lancers back on the site for $11.99. Bastages...

A Perpetual Disappointment...
March 18, 2017, 09:36 AM
mcrimm
Sounds like Costco......but they had 'em yesterday.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
March 18, 2017, 09:38 AM
hudr
I have the same problem.
If I mention that I got a good deal on a truck wash someone will come along with "somebody paid ME to get to wash my truck!"
March 18, 2017, 10:31 AM
Jimbo54
I'm at a stage in my life where I no longer stress over getting the best price on the planet for an item. Amazon Prime is a good example. You can often find better pricing somewhere else on an item but the 2 day free shipping is enough to keep me happy. After I place an order, I forget about it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird