SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Local Curfew and Nosey Neighbors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local Curfew and Nosey Neighbors Login/Join 
posted
Last night at approx 8:15 my wife and I were walking our 3 dogs and while I know there is a curfew I admittedly do not really care and am not walking my dogs until it is cool enough to do so.

As we rounded the corner from our home a small white sedan slowed down to almost a stop and appears to take pics of us. The car then proceeded slowly down the road but stopped about 25 yards away and sat for a bit in the middle of the road (calling PD?). We kept on walking and in a different part of neighborhood same car passed us slowly and then a few minutes later passed again going in the opposite direction.

After that i stood in the middle of the road to get the drivers attention so I could ask what the hell they wanted but they kept going. I did reverse my direction and see which home the pulled into and know they are indeed a neighbor (newer renter based on some quick research of the address).

I calmly let the driver that, as I said, I am well aware of the curfew and well aware I am out and about after it but it is not your business to police me if that was what you were doing and, if this happens again I will do some more research, contact your landlord and deal with you though appropriate channels

Stay in your lane!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8pm curfew in Peoria?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was Karen and her companion Chad.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
We got put on curfew too.

Alameda county..Thanks Oakland Mad

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
8pm curfew in Peoria?

8pm statewide until Monday

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
So, what were they doing out after curfew?

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:

Looking for Jews in the attic.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:

Duh, they are obviously making the mean streets of peoria az safer for all!

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:
8pm curfew in Peoria?

Statewide?!?! Seems a mite excessive.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:
8pm curfew in Peoria?

Statewide?!?! Seems a mite excessive.

Our Governor is a spineless coward who generally either does nothing or overreacts.

Funny thing about this is he did not seem to give a shit when downtown Phx was getting torn up but the moment the thugs started trashing his beloved Scottsdale and his wealthy buddies got in his ear, boom, statewide curfew and national Guard deployed

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Careful there, Kevmo, yer gettin' damn close to chewing gum in the fur territory.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Careful there, Kevmo, yer gettin' damn close to chewing gum in the fur territory.

Point taken and apologies

posted Hide Post
Contact their landlord? For what? They change the law to say they can't take pictures in public? Just curious...

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Contact their landlord? For what? They change the law to say they can't take pictures in public? Just curious...
It's called anti-Karen/Chad'ing game.

I would just walk the fuck on and not care what those people did.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No curfew down this way.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Before the others posted I just figured that it was the dog poop police observing your picking up habits.

I'd have offered to donate the dog poop to their hood ornament.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:

Being good comrades and reporting their fellow citizens to the politburo.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

AZ's curfew has so many exceptions just about anyone could justify being out after 8pm:

law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics or other medical personnel

National Guard or any other emergency response personnel

credentialed members of the media

traveling directly to and from work

attending religious services

commercial trucking and delivery services

obtaining food

caring for a family member, friend or animal

patronizing or operating private businesses

seeking medical care or fleeing dangerous circumstances

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I calmly let the driver that, as I said, I am well aware of the curfew and well aware I am out and about after it but it is not your business to police me if that was what you were doing and, if this happens again I will do some more research, contact your landlord and deal with you though appropriate channels

I was hoping for "Why don't you play a game of 'hide and go fuck yourself?'" or "What the fuck are you doing out after curfew, motherfucker?" but it's probably better that you kept a cool head.

quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
AZ's curfew has so many exceptions just about anyone could justify being out after 8pm:

caring for a family member, friend or animal
Dogs do need walking, so he's covered. Razz

quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

Looking for Jews in the attic.

Anybody snitching on Kevmo for violating curfew in 2020 would have snitched on Anne Frank in 1944. After all, it was the law. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They are the same people who were ratting on their neighbors during COVID

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post