SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Well the rest of the interior is stripped guess I’ll rip out the dash too!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well the rest of the interior is stripped guess I’ll rip out the dash too! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
27 year old heater core, cheap enough to replace but a beast to get to.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/6tfcezkPHA8

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You'd have better luck if it were a Thunderbird.

Two hoses and four screws behind the glovebox. Almost as easy as changing cassettes in a VCR. Every other heater core is a royal P@:7#%!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Yeah, started with the cigarette lighter not working....

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
That's a baaad one.

I have to do the same job on my 01 Cummins powered Ram 2500. None of the blend doors work and I might as well do the core and AC while I'm in there. You have to pull the dash as well, but it's not as bad as the Fox bodies.

I've been putting it off for a year!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recall having a Ford van with a bad heather core when I was younger....after a discussion with the guy at the parts store I decided that bypassing it was the only true solution!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
How to build a car:

• Place heater core on conveyor belt.
  • Build car around it. Drive it to the lot.
  • Now that belt is empty, place another heater core on conveyor belt...

•  
    Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The 2nd guarantees the 1st
    Picture of fiasconva
    posted Hide Post
    Had a '76 Mercury Capri way back when. Had to take the dashboard off to replace the heater fan motor. Took me about half a day to do it. What a pain that was!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    My brother had a 79 Camaro that needed a new heater core. IIRC that required removing the rt. front fender and inner fender along with the hood. After that was all off the car you could then remove a panel in the firewall that covered up the heater core.

Me, I had a 1986 Cutlass Supreme that needed a new heater core and it was relatively simple, after removing 20 or 30 screws securing the top cover for the heater core and heating system intake assembly.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His diet consists of black
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post
    I needed to put an evaporator core in a Chevy Uplander once. The heater core wasn't terrible, but I had to take the dashboard apart piece by piece for the evaporator. At least after you disconnect all the wires the Mustang dash comes off as a unit.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    Tried once to replace a heater core, never again. I left one bypassed for years in one car.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of dlc444
    posted Hide Post
    My first car was an 86 mustang. The heater core started leaking while I was driving from Charleston to Atlanta to see my second farewell tour for The Who. Leaking hot liquid all over my roommate's feet.

Stopped at a truck stop where they bypassed the heater core and drove the rest of the way to ATL with no heat. Got back to CHS and went to the dealer to get it fixed. Part was about $35, labor was over $800. Needless to say, I traded that car a while later during the summer, when they wouldn't be testing the heat

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
    It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post