SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Menards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Menards Login/Join 
posted
Went to pick up a under sink valve a Menards. As I was at the checkout register, a girl from the service desk came over and said they would not allow my transaction unless I had a mask on. I offered to put one on if she would provide it, but she said I would have to come to the service desk and purchase it. So, I pulled my shirt up over my nose and said, there you go, it is covered. She walked away and I slide the credit card in to pay. I hope she feels powerful.
I am torn between wanting these people to get what the are pushing for and fearing what becomes of society when it happens. I thought the wife was embarrassed but she actually agreed with me. Maybe it is time to move to a smarter state

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they let you in without one. My Menards has a number of signs up stating that they will bar entry to anyone without a mask on.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope she feels powerful.

Not her choice. She's just doing her job and depending on what state you are in, there are threats from the state government which can be severe.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Don't shit on her for what isn't her choice. If the company requires it of her, she's not going to risk her job for you.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Screw Menards.

The ones around here have been big cheerleaders for masks. We took our business to Home Depot.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Screw Menards.

The ones around here have been big cheerleaders for masks. We took our business to Home Depot.

As did I.
Fuck Menards!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they want me to wear a mask, they can supply it.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Screw Menards.

As did I.
Fuck Menards!

Same here in Wisconsin, they wouldn't even let kids in their stores for a few months,.

They were definitely big mask cheerleaders, I haven't spent a penny there in over a year.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Screw Menards.

My Home Depot has a greeter at the entrance whose job is to stop anyone without a mask and ask if they need one. If you don't have one of your own, they will provide one.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
They were one of the 1st with a mask mandate in WI.

I’ve been seeing more people in Walmart & such without a mask. I do agree, not really her call, coming from corporate.

We have some mask requirements at work. I need a paycheck for at least 4 more years, so there’s that factoring in.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
We have a Menards now and yeah, they are real mask Nazis. I don't shop there. Our state has never mandated masks.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Menards has a number of signs up stating that they will bar entry to anyone without a mask on.

No need to bar me from their stores. I consider them basically a junk store. When we remodeled most of our house I put a stipulation on all the contractors that I want no cheap shit from any of the big box stores. I will pay a premium for cabinets that are square, counter tops that actually fit, plumbing fixtures that won't leak in a year and flooring that will stay on the floor and lumber that doesn't have a radius on the end.

Found a contractor that worked with a interior designer and all material came through the design company and he did the install. We received a quote with two choices. Quality material and best material. We went with the best. That's been three years and no regrets.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I like Menards, probably my favorite of the big 3 but I haven't been in one since February of last year.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Don't shit on her for what isn't her choice. If the company requires it of her, she's not going to risk her job for you.

Here in the Peoples Republic of NJ masks are still mandatory for indoor shopping. (You can take it off if you are eating in a restaurant.) So I am not about to hassle some employee who is just trying to make a living because I don't think masks are necessary in some store. I'll wear it, and take it off as soon as I walk out the door. The employees need to make a living and follow company rules. This is not a "I was just following orders" situation. I hardly expect some employee to lose their job over masks.

I saw some guy in a small hardware store getting into an argument with a clerk when he entered without a mask. He made no effort to claim a medical reason for no mask. Instead he only said it was his right as a free citizen not to wear the mask. The guy did leave without a call to the police. But I really had no sympathy for him. Why hassle some poor $12 an hour clerk.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pants are mandatory, but they aren't going to supply them.

Really, from the number of signs Menards posts around the entrance, there's no reason to be stunned that they'd try to enforce the policy. Why even go in if you can't play by their rules?

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I must disagree just a little from what many of you said. The OP said she came over from the service desk to talk to him. She probably could have let it go. And he was on his way out of the store. These big companies like the control just as much as the government. Only by our protests are these stupid rules going to go away. I've had both shots and are post two weeks, there is no medical reason for me to mask up. In my area more and more people are seeing things this way and we see less mask wearing. It can't be enforced if everyone is willing to take a stand.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:

Here in the Peoples Republic of NJ masks are still mandatory for indoor shopping. (You can take it off if you are eating in a restaurant.) So I am not about to hassle some employee who is just trying to make a living because I don't think masks are necessary in some store. I'll wear it, and take it off as soon as I walk out the door. The employees need to make a living and follow company rules. This is not a "I was just following orders" situation. I hardly expect some employee to lose their job over masks.

I saw some guy in a small hardware store getting into an argument with a clerk when he entered without a mask. He made no effort to claim a medical reason for no mask. Instead he only said it was his right as a free citizen not to wear the mask. The guy did leave without a call to the police. But I really had no sympathy for him. Why hassle some poor $12 an hour clerk.

You reasonable bastard, you!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:

Pants are mandatory
They have a sign for masks. Do they have a sign for pants? Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
These big companies like the control just as much as the government.

This.

I understand that employees are just doing their jobs, but some stores and some employees seem to enjoy it a little too much.

I was walking into a grocery store recently. They had an employee stationed outside to ensure everyone entering had a mask. OK, no worries. Except that, before I even got to the door, she's shouting at me to put my mask on.

I wait to put the mask on till I'm at the door. Nope, not good enough for her. She rushes up to me and demands I put it on while I'm still out on the sidewalk. She seemed to really get off on not just enforcing mask wearing, but shouting at me to show me who's boss.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
These big companies like the control just as much as the government.

This.

I understand that employees are just doing their jobs, but some stores and some employees seem to enjoy it a little too much.

I was walking into a grocery store recently. They had an employee stationed outside to ensure everyone entering had a mask. OK, no worries. Except that, before I even got to the door, she's shouting at me to put my mask on.

I wait to put the mask on till I'm at the door. Nope, not good enough for her. She rushes up to me and demands I put it on while I'm still out on the sidewalk. She seemed to really get off on not just enforcing mask wearing, but shouting at me to show me who's boss.

You should have given her a confused look and start signing to her. That's always fun to see how they react. Probably talk loudly and slowly to you.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post