SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why do they make Linsinopril pills so small?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do they make Linsinopril pills so small? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Little tiny orange pills, my blood pressure goes up every time I drop one! I'm sure they could use some inert substance to make it normal sized! That is all.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
So they don't get caught in the arteries. Big Grin

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Mine ain’t orange. Harder to find when you drop one.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
When I was taking Lisinopril the ones I was getting were white and as you said small and hard to find sometimes when dropped.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Just don't open the bottle near a sink! Even if it's not small enough to go right down the drain, they will start dissolving when they hit any "wet".

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bitch is why are metformin tablets so big? I almost can't swallow them. And they increased my lisinopril dose, so the pull is bigger now, at least big enough to see.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Mine are blue hexagon shaped. But, yes they are small.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Mine are pink.

I hope that doesn't mean they were manufactured in India.... Eek

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they made tablets the right size, they could be packaged in a PEZ-type dispenser. That would prevent some "hide-and-go-seek" games for me.

The pills shouldn't be round, either, because they have a homing device hidden in them that guides them under the stove.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Screw size issues. I have problems with side effects especially with stuff like Gleevec (imatinib) and before that Sprycel. Frown Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
In pharmaceutical manufacturing, making a small orange pill allows more pills to be made which increases profit line vs a large orange pill. Inert ingredients can run up the production cost of a generic drug. That can be death to the product line manager.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
had the same problem a few months ago with one of my many medications after I got out of the 'horse pistol' had never done meds or even vitamins before this... one of the meds was the damnedest smallest pill I'd ever seen,,,, after a few weeks they (doctors) fixed this and double the dose and the new ones were three times as big.... Oh joy!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a cookie sheet/pan on the counter when dispensing meds. if it drops ,I can hear it and it will not roll off the counter

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
They are little. I have found that I missed my mouth with one when taking my am meds.
But it's better than a horse pill !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
I take Fosinopril which is similar to Lisinopril and they are tiny too. As for why is Metformin so big, if you knew all the ingredients in the pill, it needs to be huge. I am in the industry and work in manufacturing. As a matter of fact,I worked with Metformin today, nasty stuff.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My Crestors are very small. Same as Flexerils. Very easy to drop and not find.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Took me less than 2 weeks from the original post to lose my first Lisinopril.
Think it rolled under my fridge. All the other times I've dropped one, it landed on the kitchen counter. Not this time though.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Because somewhere out there there's a little old lady who's gonna try to cut them in half and save the other half for lunch tomorrow?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post