SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Discount Tires, the bad and good
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discount Tires, the bad and good Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
Bought new tires for my daughter in law's car at the Franklin, TN Discount Tire and decided to have them check the balance on my truck tires as we noticed a slight vibration on highway. When they were done with my truck, I got a call and said the tires were out of balance and were fixed now, followed by "but there was an issue with your truck". When the technician was backing out he clipped my driver's side mirror on my 2019 Ram, basically requiring it to be replaced. Now for the good. I must say they went above and beyond to have it replaced, as my dilemma was I had to leave today to go back to NJ (unfortunately). They already setup an appointment with my auto body shop in NJ to have it replaced, reimbursed me for the re-balancing and now the truck runs great. I know there are worse things in life but glad to see a company step up after something like this.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:

they went above and beyond . . . glad to see a company step up
That has been my experience with Discount Tires in Apopka FL and Daytona Beach FL. They have really stepped up to resolve problems and assure (insure, ensure) customer satisfaction, to the point where I will not even consider buying tires anyplace else.

They're sort of like the Chick-Fil-A or Robert Burke or Top Gun Supply of tires.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
That's one thing I love about them as well. They cracked a center cap on one of my wheels one time. They were very upfront about it. They took me out to my car and pointed it out to me before I had a chance to see it myself, and had a new center cap overnighted so it could be fixed the next day. They bought my loyalty that day.

Mistakes happen everywhere, but there are a handful of companies that will own theirs and fix them immediately. Those companies will always get my return business.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've been buying tires at Discount Tire for twenty years or more. They've always taken good care of me. Example: One of the TPMS sensors on my 2007 TrailBlazer was faulty. Dealership wanted to replace all four, to the tune of over $400. Called DT. "Nonsense," he replied. "We'll find the bad one and replace just it." They did, and, because I was a repeat customer, they didn't even charge me for the diagnostic fee.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Discount Tire is the only company I will deal with regarding tires and tire maintenance. Period!!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
I will deal with nobody but Discount Tire for my vehicles. Waiting in their showroom for tire work is also a lesson in true customer service in action.

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
AND if you are not satisfied just bring it back. Smile

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiber optic
posted Hide Post
They finally opened a location near me and I've been taking all our cars there since. Doing my own tire rotations at home is now a thing of the past.

Learn and love and to do
What it takes to step through

Posts: 1385 | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
AND if you are not satisfied just bring it back. Smile

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/TE1dFHmFCRk?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Fun fact!!

That "little old lady" is actually a good friend of mine who directed that commercial. Initially the agency cast an old lady for the role however it became apparent that the old lady could not lift the tire so my friend, who isn't a big person volunteered to "take one for the team" and the result is one of the longest running commercials in history.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Discount Tire is the only company I will deal with regarding tires and tire maintenance. Period!!

Jim

This right here. I've purchased multiple sets of tires over the past 3 years (7 so far) and all but one from Discount Tire (and I shopped around for the best price on a few of them).

Heading out of town on a trip and DT didn't have the tires I needed in stock (bubbles in 2 tires, towing a trailer across country, wanted to replace all 4) so bout the set from Tire Discounters (they had them in stock). NEVER again. Poor customer service, poor return customer service (when I went to get them rotated). And they couldn't set the tire pressure right for anything.

In fact, was just there today getting tires on an Outback rotated. Currently waiting on a set of tires for the GTO to come in (should be here Monday). Bought from Discount Tire. Between prices and customer service, will always shop there.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I've used them before because they were local to my need, I always had great service. To hear they're like that everywhere is great news.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I've used them all over the country with the same experience. My go-to place for tires.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use discount tires for all my vehicles. By and large, their service, cost, and support has been outstanding.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have used the same store. They do a great job from my experience.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive bought over 20 sets of tires from them. Like others mentioned, I dont even bother comparison shopping elsewhere. Ive considered Costco as another tire shop - but the convienence, locations and hours of Discount Tire always trumps my love for Costco.

Posts: 238 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I use them frequently. I have had them put wheel weights were they didn’t belong on nice wheels. I always discussed this now anytime I take a vehicle in for a rotation and spin balance.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't go to any other tire store. They must have a great corporate culture because I've shopped at their stores all over the west. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post