SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got carded to buy a knife.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got carded to buy a knife. Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have had (that I remember) cashiers at Academy and Cabela's just verbally ask me my DOB for ammo. Depending on my mood, I sometimes give them the real year. Razz

Posts: 27922 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I use this, can't remember what comedian I stole it from:

Clerk: "What's your birthday?"

V-Tail: "January 11th."

Clerk: "What year?"

V-Tail: "My birthday is January 11th every year."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
These big chain stores Have Policies. Technically-speaking, every clerk is supposed to follow those policies every single time. No exceptions. If the policy states "You have to card everybody for such-and-such purchase," then that's what they're supposed to do no matter how apparently ridiculous. Some do, and, when they do, I understand why. Some do not, and I understand that, too. Only know that, if they're being watched, and they're caught not following policy, they may get nicked for it.

I'm a rule-follower. If I worked at such a store, I'd be one of the ones you'd be bitching about Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Last week, cataract surgery, last check before being rolled to the OR:

NURSE: Can you tell me your name and date of birth?

ME: Yes. Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I card people with wrinkles all the time. I'm supposed to. Your inconvenience because you left your ID in your car or at home doesn't peg my "give a crap" meter because I, like so many others working a till have been instructed to ID everyone who looks like they're anything shy of the Crypt-keeper. And that, I do, because I like having a job, my money, and my freedom. And yes, that now includes lighters and matches and yes, you can all gasp at that, too. Some people manage to get incredibly wound up over this stuff, and the next person in line simply smiles, hands over their ID and we move on with our lives with a minimum of fuss.

If I sell to anyone in a sting, not only does the store get fined thousands, we may lose our licenses to sell various things, and I'll also get fined thousands, charged, and fired as well. I'm not going to risk that just because you so nicely took an attitude with me for me doing my job. Smile

You are grown adults. Carry your ID's with you. All I can think when a customer huffs off to their car to get their ID while proclaiming "I'm 45 fucking years old, why do I need to have my ID to buy some beer?" is "You're bragging about how you ought to be old enough to know better, and that's lost on you."

Posts: 17102 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I have bought several knives over the last few months, and none of them for the kitchen.

Never been carded. Maybe it is a "state thing".

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Now you're getting carded to make sure you qualify for the senior discount.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
A couple years ago I got carded at a rated R movie. I’m only 30, but still... who gets carded at the movies? Obviously me

I didnt know that was a thing. I'm 24. Never been asked.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem being carded and all stores around here have a policy to card everyone for anything age restricted since it makes no sense to leave the decision to an employee to make the call considering the significant consequences of non compliance. I never get mad at the employee, just the asshole holding up the line bitching about being inconvenienced. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did you tell them that you know me?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post