SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Yet Another Reson Why the USPS Should Go Out of Business

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yet Another Reson Why the USPS Should Go Out of Business Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
I figure it's been at least a week since we've had a "bash the USPS thread", so I might as well start one.

Based on a recommendation from a co-worker I bought a new wireless trackball mouse. I just can't get used to it so I asked him if he wanted it. He said yes. He lives in Vero Beach, FL and I live in Conifer, CO. I found a small box and put the mouse in it. Box and mouse weigh less than 2 lbs. I don't care how long it takes to get the mouse from point A to point B. Price is my only consideration.

My wife has a "USPS Click n Ship" account so I figured that would be the easiest way to. Nope.

Bitch #1
One can ONLY ship Priority Mail with click N ship...i.e. You can't choose ground (what used to be called parcel post). Not even first class. Can you imagine if FedEx or UPS only allowed you to use a premium service to ship a package online? All delivery options are not available...really USPS?

Bitch #2
It's cheaper to ship air (first class) than ground!

When I got to the USPS counter I told the nice lady I would like to ship my package what used to be called parcel post. She says...let's check the prices on all options. Parcel post/ground (whatever it's called now) is $7.35 and First Class is $4.02. Really???

Again, in my comparison to UPS or FedEx...Can you imagine those 2 carries having rates cheaper for air service than for ground? WTF USPS???

No wonder they lose money every year with that pricing structure.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
I originally thought that USPS flat rate was the best option for me but at $6.90 each shipment, it was a huge cost.

I went with an Amazon bubble mailer at $0.10/ea and have been using First Class when I ship through PayPal. Costs me less than half that and the same performance.

So please don't put USPS out of business!

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I originally thought that USPS flat rate was the best option for me but at $6.90 each shipment, it was a huge cost.

Beyond frustrating, about a month ago I sent out cigars to a member - tracking shows they are still at the post office - I've tried filing a claim, cannot even get an acknowledgement.

One of the sticks was pretty special too, very pissed. Post office says, "looking for it".

What else was I supposed to do Mr. Postman? I used your freeking box and your machine to print the label and address.

F'ers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I work on and restore guitars for a hobby.
I use USPS and ship everything priority, insured and get a tracking number.
Out of the 87 billion guitars that have come and left from here there has not been one incident of one getting lost or damaged.
So here's another vote for not putting them out of business.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Perhaps saying they should go out of business was a tad too strong.

Maybe a title like, "Complete morons set the pricing structure at USPS", or "Only the USPS would only all you to pick some of their services when shipping a package."

I actually like the USPS. Never had an issue with a carrier. I get my mail on time, etc...

But I really don't understand why they limit what services you can use on the click n ship site.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Complete morons run the USPS. I mail tax returns & docs to clients. As they run out of stamps with prices one has to pay more than required. Damnit, if it is $3.65 postage & have to use 7 Flags & 2 Penquins, is this new math or what?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I shipped a small box to Maryland Tuesday. Said it'd be delivered today. Guy got his mail already, no box. Tracking shows it left the facility and is scheduled for today. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased an item that was shipped by UPS and delivered by the USPS. The item was in my city for over a week before the USPS delivered it. The USPS is a piece of crap!

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I live where our mail box is in a gang box. I get lots of mail that isn't mine. And, I get some of my mail after being delivered to a wrong box. It was a Bill and I had to pay a penalty! Phuck the USPS!

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Report This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Beyond frustrating, about a month ago I sent out cigars to a member - tracking shows they are still at the post office - I've tried filing a claim, cannot even get an acknowledgement.

One of the sticks was pretty special too, very pissed. Post office says, "looking for it".

What else was I supposed to do Mr. Postman? I used your freeking box and your machine to print the label and address.

F'ers.

In route to destination for four weeks. Mother Fuckers

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
Complete morons run the USPS."

This is factually correct.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Report This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
I remember when you used to be able to put a bunch of stamps on a parcel till you had enough to cover the postage.
No longer. First class has a measly weight limit so rarely can I utilize that. I'm forced most of the time to use Priority Mail. No doubt that gets delivered quickly but there is no "affordable/cheap" way to mail a parcel any longer. Grrr

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I purchased an item that was shipped by UPS and delivered by the USPS. The item was in my city for over a week before the USPS delivered it. The USPS is a piece of crap!

I had the SAME thing happen with UPS surecrap (surepost) it took 2 days to go halfway across the state to a post office less than 8 miles from my house, it sat at that post office for 2 weeks.....10 days in, I called the pet company I ordered the flea and tick from thinking it was lost, the second shipment came in 3 days with regular UPS then 2 days later the other one finally shows up.