SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Western Union
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Western Union Login/Join 
TANSTAAFL
posted
Got to love bureaucracy. Bought a Western Union money order for $15. Sent it in to get a police report my leasing company insisted I get when the information exchange sheet says there will be no police report generated.
Money order is returned due to there being no police report generated. Guess how much Western Union wants to give a money order refund even though I have the money order, receipt, and purchase receipt...$15.

Not the money, mainly the principle of the thing.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got to love bureaucracy. Bought a Western Union money order for $15. Sent it in to get a police report my leasing company insisted I get when the information exchange sheet says there will be no police report generated.
Money order is returned due to there being no police report generated. Guess how much Western Union wants to give a money order refund even though I have the money order, receipt, and purchase receipt...$15.

This is typical in banking. The service fees banks charge add significantly to their bottom line. One of the most annoying is the service fee to talk to a teller.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch. I belong to a credit union and I usually ask how to beat any fees(they do not have many) and they usually tell me.
I have been a member there for all of my adult life.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Fill it out to yourself and buy some Stone IPA.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
service fee to talk to a teller.
Really? You're serious?

Wait, is this a phone sex girl posing as a bank teller? Kinky!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Really? You're serious?

This sounds kind-a like the convienence fee my local phone Co. Instituted for allowi g you to lay in person at the counter.
Which js one of the several reasons I quit them.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Really? You're serious?

This sounds kind-a like the convienence fee my local phone Co. Instituted for allowi g you to lay in person at the counter.
Which js one of the several reasons I quit them.
Getting laid on the counter at the phone company -- now that's really kinky!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is extra if you want to talk dirty. See link below:

https://www.mybanktracker.com/...-talk-to-live-person

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is typical in banking. The service fees banks charge add significantly to their bottom line. One of the most annoying is the service fee to talk to a teller.

Well it must suck to be not in a small town. I can talk to a teller, a customer service rep, or even the branch manager, any time I walk in. It may take a while, if they are busy, but the first up will help me. And that's that's that the local Chase branch. Or maybe Wickenburg is just different. l Smile

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post