SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dang. I never hoped to see a men's Botox commercial.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dang. I never hoped to see a men's Botox commercial. Login/Join 
posted
Yep. Sitting down eating dinner and watching Special Report on FNC. On comes a commercial for Botox for men. They have these metrosexuals on the ad of various ages.

Just turn in your man cards. Oh that's right - they gave those up years ago.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Supposedly "men's beauty" products and services is a booming industry. In fact, a men's beauty salon recently opened in my town.

My son uses some kind of gel in his hair, but apart from that I don't know any guy who uses men's beauty products.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I saw a article on a investment site about this. IIRC some patent is expiring in a couple years and the company is making an effort to dominate the "Botox" branded treatment for men before a bunch of off brands can get a foothold on the expected to boom male market.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was an ugly kid. I’m an ugly adult. Beauty products would just be polishing a turd. Big Grin

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
You can put a dress on a pig, but is it worth it? Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that crap. I was trying to think of what kind of man (and I use the term loosely) would be so very vain that they need this kind of ridiculous stuff. Pathetic

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, I saw that crap. I was trying to think of what kind of man (and I use the term loosely) would be so very vain that they need this kind of ridiculous stuff. Pathetic

The same kind of "man" who gets hair plugs, or spray tans, or calf implants (yeah it's a thing), or any of the other men's vanity treatments that have been booming lately.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
well, that explains the surprised looks.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
As I have said in the past, I have a face made for radio.
Smile

It seems odd that these products are even marketed to men.
Like they say in the used car business, there's an ass for every seat.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

The same kind of "man" who gets hair plugs, or spray tans, or calf implants (yeah it's a thing), or any of the other men's vanity treatments that have been booming lately.

I think I know someone who fits the bill. I actually went to high school with him. I come across him from time to time; he still thinks of himself a being a 'player', despite having nearly six decades of wear and tear behind him. Gold chains, designer clothes, droptop Benz, maybe even a bit of time under the knife...THAT kind of guy. Trying to make himself look younger, and shockingly he conceals his age quite well. I remember him have a bigger nose as a teen, but even I admit he's looking pretty good for someone who's about to be a sexagenarian. Still it's rather disturbing to see him with some girl half his age if not more, painting himself as some kind of sugar daddy. He's done quite well for himself financially so if he want to paint himself as a fool, who am I to protest?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"There's somthin' kinda' Eeeee about a boy don't like baseball" - Foghorn Legghorn

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Did you see the little disclaimer about the side effects? ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease, is one of them. I'll pass.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Eat good food, drink good beer and F#$% a lot, you will be fine as the years go by. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I met a guy in his fifties recently who apparently had some sort of hair plug or hair transplant procedure done when his hairline was first receding. I think if he had it all to do over again, he would’ve passed on it, because he’s got this inch or two ring of doll-hair where his hairline used to be, and the whole top center of his head is smooth and shiny. It’s... awkwardly obvious, and has earned him the nickname “Friar Tuck” behind his back.

In 15/20 years, the manbun, skinny jeans, gauged ears, Botox and guyliner crowd is gonna look like this:

Don’t be a pussy. Age naturally.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never saw an ad on TV as I don't own one but a few years ago my daughter had surgery on her right ear as she was missing a piece of cartilage from birth. Wasn't that bad but her ear stuck out a bit.
As I was sitting in the waiting room(plastic surgeon office), I started looking at some magazines and other stuff.
Botox pamphlet and had men in it as well as women. I just shook my head.
I'm no male model and I never will be. I'll be 51 this year and my hair line has receded, a good bit of gray has set in and I'm generally getting older. I'm just gonna roll with it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I may consider getting it done.

On my balls.

Do I still turn in my card or do I get a bigger one?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
What would Botox due to the frank and beans?

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A thirty-year old man worried about smile lines? Really? I guess I'd feel the same about a woman. Quit being so self-centered and do something for someone else.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:

Age is a factor in the hiring process of many companies. Imagine you're a man that was laid off after 40 years in a career as a top pharmaceutical salesman due to your company being bought out. You are now out interviewing for the 3 available jobs in a 5 state area in your area of expertise. Your competing applicants are 1/3 your age. Your recruiter will tell you that ageism is going to be a problem. No one will admit it on the hiring side but it is. Advice - color your hair so the grey is out. Go clean shaven - no facial hair. If you have a lot of wrinkles consider botox. Improve your odds by looking younger. May not need it depending upon the person or career but who knows if may affect the job interview with the 30 yr old manager.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True in that situation, but the commercial shows younger “men” getting it done for vanity.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post