SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm seething about damage done to my tractor; UPDATE page 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm seething about damage done to my tractor; UPDATE page 2 Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
SUCCESS! They're ordering me a new seat. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Hate to tell you this but 26 years old plastic is pretty much "aged out". This means that all the "plasticizer" has basically evaporate resulting in very brittle plastic. To be blunt, no matter how sort of decent it looked that seat was due to be replaced.

I don't think this is correct, legally. They should put the tractor back as it was, and that didn't include a torn seat and dented metal work.

As a matter of customer service and reputation, the fixes are probably realitively cheap compared to the cost of the bad reputation.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Good deal. Glad they stepped up and did the right thing.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
SUCCESS! They're ordering me a new seat. Smile

Well done. Glad to hear it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just got a call from the repair shop indicating my new replacement seat has arrived and can be picked up. :thumbsup:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I don't think this is correct, legally.

I'm kind of curious as to what is legally required? If I take my car in to be serviced and there's a hail storm, is the service place liable for the damage? Does it make a difference if it's normally parked outside (instead of in a garage), as it would have been damaged anyway? What about parking at an airport and a hailstorm, is the parking lot operator liable? (Yes, I know they have the fine legalese print all over the tickets abrogating responsibility.) Where's the line between what is and isn't required?

I get the whole customer service angle. I'm curious about the legal side.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3295 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:

I get the whole customer service angle. I'm curious about the legal side.

I don't presume to speak for jhe888 (plus, I've been retired for a couple of years now), but I'm thinking he might be saying that a bailment was created. There are different types of bailments, but one of the general principles is that the shop (the "bailee") is liable for any damage to the property while it's in their custody.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Seething" about damage done to a wore out, 26 year old seat that likely cost 50 bux to replace...you sir, have about run out of things to worry about.....

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 66tas:
wore out, 26 year old seat
So you actually inspected his tractor seat before the hail damage in order to make this "factual" statement?

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post