SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dear Dodge Service Writer...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Dodge Service Writer... Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Dealerships and independents both push those flush services as they are a high profit margin item. And they usually pay a spiff to the service writer and the technician that performs them.

Read this TSB:http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=201712

We called them "wallet flushes" in the parts department.........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shovelhead is spot on... also the OP is right about the $129.00 not being enough to warrant the actual work. What the did was pour a bottle of cleaner in the tank. Maybe MAYBE they they ran something though the intake... maybe...
they’re all crooks, all of them.

Posts: 23 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Keith5.0, I worked in car dealerships from 1970 to 2017. Saw a lot over the years.

We inside those places are not immune to getting hammered either. I took my '04 truck into the shop in '08 with a SES light on and a surge at cruise. Service writer told me "First thing we need to do is flush your injectors" to which I said "GMPP's going to cover it?"

His reply was "No, owner's expense" to which I replied "This isn't my first rodeo, ain't gonna happen unless GMPP pays."

Well, two techs later, problem found. Drive gears on the distributor and camshaft were found to be worn. Second tech remembered a TSB. Factory warranty paid, no deductible.

Writer thought that I was stupid,gullible or easily bullied. Wrong on all three counts.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not just Dodge dealer.

Years ago, took my Ford Bronco to the dealer. Had a slight miss and tracked it to 1 spark plug wire, but did not know which one.
I took it in to get that done.
Went back and found new oil and filter and new PCV valve, and new air filter.

I had just put new plugs, pcv valve, oil change, oil filter and new air filter in.

They lied to me about the whole mess but would not change the things back, though the dealer
is but 3 miles from my house, I will not go back there.
The service manager actually went to our church as well..not sure why if he was going to cheat people?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You could have bought around 17-18 bottles of Chevron Techron for 129 bucks...

Put a bottle in every 3,000 miles, works great.

Every few months Costco has a six pack of the Chevron on sale for $13.99. It is supposed to be put in every 1,000 miles. I looked online and found Chevron makes a few different types. Next time I will put in the Chevron that should be good for 30,000 miles. I can't say I see any difference, but all the vehicles run smooth to begin with. I use it to stop potential build up.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I bought a used car many years ago and took it into PepBoys to flush the radiator since the fluid was brown and not green. Manager comes over and tells me that whoever worked on it last used the wrong coolant and it should have the pink stuff. About two hours later I head home. The next day I figured I should check it to see if it looks better. Guess what still looks brown they didn't touch it. Took it back and watched them change it out this time. Got all kinds of BS from them. I'll never go back to PepBoys.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post