SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Only early spring, and it's already 93 degrees
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only early spring, and it's already 93 degrees Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
and HUMID! Eek
Heat I can stand. But, add humidity to it, and it's just very uncomfortable. End rant.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Hahahahaaaaa!

The snow just melted here a few days ago, and now we are in the mid 60's and loving life.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
My sister got a light dusting of snow, after two days of hail, in Michigan today.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Were starting to cook already here too along the SE Florida coast with 91º, however we haven't yet got our usual dose of south Florida humidity...thank goodness! It's just a mild 56% humidity instead of the heavier ranges in a few months.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Here in the Midwest, we will have highs in the 40's all of next week.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....I will trade ya...sort of, maybe not, you can keep the humidity. Big Grin Big Grin

Here in Wisconsin it was sunny and 74 Tuesday, and today, Thursday it is 39, windy and snow. Confused

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It was 93 yesterday in OKC. Now we have a cold front coming, will be down close to freezing in a few days.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
It's been a great spring, ya yesterday was hot but that cokd front has " fire pit" written all over it.

I have used my backyard more in the last month than in 4 years at this house.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just a bit cooler here in N Houston after that brief yet strong storm blew through.
Literally had just finished the yard.

Unfortunately, the wind turned our trampoline into a kite. No damage, but it flew across the yard, upside down, maybe 7ft high. Eek

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's playing with. The thermostat ?! Yesterday was 77 deg. F. Today it's 44 deg. F and it snowed for nine minutes ! How does that! Work ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been mostly really beautiful days here in TampaBay for the last few weeks. But pretty much everything is shut down, so we been hanging around the house. Make a run to Chick Filet or Dunkin and Publix, of course, but that's about it.

Church is on-line, so we watch that a couple times during the week, but that's about it.

Getting kinda bored. OKAY,REAL BORED!!!!

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Yesterday we saw 98* at the house. Today it barely made it to the 70s. I've switched from Heat to A/C and back too much already this spring.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we nearly hit 90 yesterday (record high). Today it's 60. Monday it'll be 29.

Good times.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Today, DFW in the upper 70s, humidity midrange.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
and HUMID! Eek
Heat I can stand. But, add humidity to it, and it's just very uncomfortable. End rant.

Yes, that south Texas "heat" can be a bitch.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently 33 here. And big snow storm forecast for late this weekend and Monday.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
My sister got a light dusting of snow, after two days of hail, in Michigan today.

Mid Michigan, was 72 yesterday, snow flurries today.

Pure Michigan.....Wink

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We broke a +100 year old record high on Wednesday, I think we hit 90, and it dropped to 45 degrees that night.

Right now it is 32 degrees.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Our ten day is calling for temps in the 78-81 range. We had a warm, wet winter, and so far a cool spring. No humidity, of course. Smile

We are at 2500ft elevation, about 1000 ft higher than "the Valley" (Phoenix), but definitely not in the mountains. They start about 15 miles north of us.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
37 degrees as I write this (0806). High forecast to be 56. (60 miles north of Paducah, KY in Southern IL)

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post