SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fast cars driving slow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fast cars driving slow Login/Join 
posted
There's something about it that breaks my heart and infuriates my mind. Look, don't buy a fast car if you have no plans on using it as such.

On my commute home, I was luckily behind several slow people. The first I could dismiss easily, as it was a student driver in a Honda Insight. I can handle 5 under for short periods in this case.

But no, it was you, LOTSAFUN, in the 2015ish lime green Mustang convertible with black racing stripes that really made me lose it. I know this car was a purchase you just had to have, one that made all those sacrifices you had to make in your early years worth it. Yes, it is a reasonably nice vehicle, and I have no doubt it is what makes you happy.

But you know what makes me happy? When you drive the Goddamn speed limit, stay in your lane, and yield to those vehicles going faster than you (i.e., not going 40 in a 55 where 60 is acceptable). Nope, you just had to go slow, take in the sights with your friend, whilst weaving back and forth and forcing me to pass you in the right lane because you didn't see the line of cars behind you 20+ deep. Pull over, you obtuse, poorly driving lump of excrement.

In summary, LOTSAFUN, next time you pull these shenanigans, I will change my license plate into LOTSAWINDSHIELDWIPERS and spray the entire contents of my washer reservoir into your open top car while I give you the bird and crank up the stereo.

Posts: 796 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Sheesh!

Slow asses in sports cars like you described, plus those racing and NASCAR fans with their favorite racing number stickers plastered on the back window.. driving slower than the speed of smell, usually in the passing lane too. Mad

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
More annoying: minding my own damn business going with the flow of traffic in the right or second to the right lane, then some SOB in a 15 yr old Corolla/Civic/whatever with cheap rims and maybe a faux wing and cheesy body aero schlock comes up on my rear bumper acting like he wants to go a few laps. Now I admit that Porsche drivers in part do have a deserved reputation for being pricks on the road, but it's all too common that others in their normal everyday cars try to outdo our, um, pricklyness.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteer:
In summary, LOTSAFUN, next time you pull these shenanigans, I will change my license plate into LOTSAWINDSHIELDWIPERS and spray the entire contents of my washer reservoir into your open top car while I give you the bird and crank up the stereo.

Is this you? Big Grin

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
There is a really nice Corvette that I see a couple times a week. The reason it's noticeable is the driver is driving 30 in a 35 when the flow of traffic is 45. Also, just seems to not be going anywhere in particular (i.e. cruising), and last minute pulls into a parking lot without turn signals and hitting the brakes pretty hard.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23248 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fast cars driving slow

I hate all slowpokes equally, no matter what they drive. Wink Roughly half of my commute is on two-lane, double-yellow-line roads.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Now who has the clip of George Carlin's skit where he describes the term for those who drive slower than you and those who drive faster? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean this one?
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/XWPCE2tTLZQ [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fast cars but slow minds driving them

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My biggest gripe with fast cars is people driving slow around curves. Dude, shove over, let me hop in the pilot seat and show you what sort of cornering this is capable of. Seriously, in curves I could easily handle at 20+ over the recommended limit in my non performance Fusion sedan, that corvette, etc shouldn't be doing 10 under the recommended limit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: the_sandman_454,

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
It does seem like a waste doesn't it...

Like buying your wife a $500 dewalt drill to put up the curtains or buying her a ladder truck to hang a wreath on the front door...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I manage my frustrations by imagining that the driver is either DRUNK, has a SUSPENDED LICENSE, or outstanding WARRANTS, or a BODY or a ton of DRUGS in the trunk.

Calms me right down. Mostly.

Cool

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed and add to that drivers in fast cars that cant drive them! Missed shifts, poor cornering, accelerating at the wrong times.

If you spend the money for a fast car, learn to drive it.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I tell my wife that the person driving the fast car slow in front of us should have bought a cheaper car and spent the rest of the money on driving lessons.

I don't have the problem myself. Some of my more infamous traffic stops have been 90 mph in a 55mph, 135 mph in a 40 mph, and 107 on an onramp to a raised freeway.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
What does the type of car have anything to do about the speed someone drives?

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
What does the type of car have anything to do about the speed someone drives?

Because generally people buy a specific vehicle for the purpose that it was made. For example, if I do a lot of highway driving or simply needed a vehicle to go to the mall and back, I wouldn't buy a Jeep Wrangler...

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
Saw a Aston DB9 on a trip from OKC to Tulsa one time. Speed limit 75mph. They were in the left lane doing 55mph... Talk about a waste...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteer:
limit

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ATT
posted Hide Post
Maybe God knows you need to learn patience. Maybe you would prefer being behind this person. Razz

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/2...-after-purchase.html

-------------------------
Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry, for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Ecc 7:9

SIG556 SWAT * P226
ENDOWMENT MEMBER - NRA www.nra.org

Posts: 613 | Location: Alaska | Registered: November 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post