SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fast cars driving slow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fast cars driving slow Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Not driving slow per se, but I see a guy driving a Mercedes AMG GT as a commute vehicle each morning. I'm not one to begrudge someone what they can afford, but really? You can't save that beast for the weekends and drive a lesser vehicle to work?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The old guys who drive their Corvettes or Porsches 34 mph drive me nuts. Why did you buy a high performance car?

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
As soon as I read the title to your post I thought to myself...I see alot of that here in New Hampshire.....and lo and behold YOU are also in New Hampshire! I definitely can empathize! Wink Fast cars, slow drivers, AND a vanity plate on top of it all will certainly infuriate anyone!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Because for most people, by the time they get to a point in their life where they can thoughtlessly buy or afford some fancy sporty vehicle without thoughts to practicality or price, they are also at a point where they don't give a shit whether they piss you off or not in how they drive it.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yeah all these folks should be strung up, put out on the ice to die a miserable death!

While we're at it, all those that can't shoot .25 MOA with a handgun at 200 yards should be relegated to a Bersa .380 and have all their others confiscated.

I hate the smell of freedom! Roll Eyes

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Honestly, as long as their slow asses stay in the right lane and don't impede traffic, I don't care what they drive.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
What does the type of car have anything to do about the speed someone drives?
I have been trying to figure that one out myself. Want to hear my gripes? Okay, I get really pissed at the fast cars riding on my ass because I'm only driving the speed limit. Here is my favorite gripe; the fast car who is too lazy to slow down when I'm making a left turn on a rural road and passes on the right throwing gravel on my car. I know of one impatient driver that did that at an inter section and killed two people. There is a special place in hell for that one. Be more considerate of other people on the road and you may live longer.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
quote:
Originally posted by chansen92:
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
What does the type of car have anything to do about the speed someone drives?
I have been trying to figure that one out myself.

For me, it particularly annoys me to see a fast car being driven slowly, especially around curves. The reason for this is said vehicles are capable of traveling well in excess of the speed limit safely, yet are being operated at or even well below the speed limit.

Anybody acquiring such a car should learn to drive said fast car at least at the recommended speed through curves, which can be easily safely exceeded in, for example, my normal four door sedan.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have the problem myself. Some of my more infamous traffic stops have been 90 mph in a 55mph, 135 mph in a 40 mph, and 107 on an onramp to a raised freeway.

Some would view you as a much bigger problem on the highway

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Worked with a guy that bought a 270Z.
Always bragging about how bad fast it was, but then also usually added that he almost always drove well under the speed limit, because it was a "ticket magnet" Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post