SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    GunMag Warehouse -- Refund Issued
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GunMag Warehouse -- Refund Issued Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Because the past week has been business as usual, right?

How is their business set up? How many employees do they have? Is it a brick & mortar store, or a virtual store? Has anyone with this company become sick in the past week or two. How are they staffed right now?

Do you guys know the answers to any of these questions? If not, how 'bout we just give the vendor a chance to catch up?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Para. Their business might be closed because it's a non essential business. They might not be tech savvy and might not be able to work remotely when it comes to emails and such.

I sent a shotgun out for warranty work Dec 26th and kind of forgot about it. I called my gun store, which is a large store and range......5+ employees at any given time, 25 lane range. It just rings then goes to some error message. Here in Broward County they're considered an essential business, but "MAY" have decided to close anyways. So I cut them some slack. WTH am I going to do with the shotgun anyways, the ranges are all closed.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The banner on the web site reads:

"GunMag Warehouse is open and still fulfilling orders. Due to high demand, order processing will experience significant delays. Customer service will be limited to email only."

But, since I want to give them the chance, and since there's not much to do other than play guitar, read and binge-watch, I opened a case up with the USPS, too.

I spoke with a woman whose accent (Asian from the sound of it) was so thick it was nearly unintelligible. Still, I spoke with a live human being who initially said the parcel had been forwarded per instructions. Whose instructions, I asked? I placed no such forwarding request. I confirmed to her that the address I had specified was a business address, and that no such forwarding instructions had EVER been issued.

She promised to look into it and get back to me.

It's the weekend. I'm going back to my guitar, book and TV.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to double check ,
I thought you were talking about this place
https://www.gunclips.net/

I ordered a half dozen mags from them.
in "05" and "06" .

but not the same place,
a lot of retail is like molasses these days ,

give'em some time.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a bunch of Ruger 1022 factory magazines from them. They were shipped and i received them in 7 days. They are located in (Coppell, Tx) which is close to me. I had no issues at all. Give them a chance - they seen to be good folks, just probably a little overloaded at this time.

Posts: 168 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
One month to the day since I ordered a magazine from GunMag Warehouse and I get an email from them informing me that USPS couldn't find the mag and I was being issued a refund.

Given their lack of communication, I'm not going to shop with them any more. I'll pay a few extra bucks to get an actual product, and in less time. I realize these are difficult times, but I'm still working eight hours a day, albeit at home and on a computer, and GunMag Warehouse advertises they are open for business, so it amazes me that someone can't just drop a quick email note.

Case closed, I guess. Now, I'll have to find the mag elsewhere.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
So the usps lost a shipment and the vendor is to blame? Not cool. Gunmag warehouse is a fine vendor.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a small measure the vendor is responsible for USING USPS. I hate to see anything I ordered going thru USPS because their tracking is 100% WORTHLESS. Means I get really PO'd when UPS hands off something for "local" delivery to USPS. Because it then goes off the radar and I don't know when or if it will show up until it actually shows up.

Personally I used to prefer UPS because they were not too expensive but since they started handing stuff off to USPS I've come to prefer Fedex when it's an option. Darned shame is that a lot of online dealers won't offer Fedex.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They charged me for the magazines I ordered about two weeks ago and for priority shipping. I still haven't heard anything from them. I emailed 4 days ago to ask for a status but I've still heard nothing back. I guess they're a bit overwhelmed right now.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
So the usps lost a shipment and the vendor is to blame? Not cool. Gunmag warehouse is a fine vendor.

I agree.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once placed a order with them for several Glock mags. When the order arrived, it was one short.
I sent them a email, they apologized and sent the missing mag.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
i think it's silly to write them off for a post office mistake, but whatever, try this guy, he's been super reliable. Greg Cote

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
It had to be a frustrating experience, I've been nothing but satisfied by this vendor. Not everyone is 100% all the time, particularly in these times. I will suggest your frustration is somewhat misdirected.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
I once placed a order with them for several Glock mags. When the order arrived, it was one short.
I sent them a email, they apologized and sent the missing mag.

one short that you paid for ? or one short from what you ordered and did not pay for?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone gotten a response from these guys? I ordered some magazines three weeks ago and haven't heard a peep since. They charged me right away for the magazines and for priority shipping. I've emailed twice now asking about the status but have not received a reply. Their website says there is a 24 hour delay with responding to emails. Since their website shows them as still open and still taking orders, I would expect that I could have at least gotten a response by now.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:

Has anyone gotten a response from these guys? I ordered some magazines three weeks ago and haven't heard a peep since. They charged me right away for the magazines and for priority shipping. I've emailed twice now asking about the status but have not received a reply. Their website says there is a 24 hour delay with responding to emails. Since their website shows them as still open and still taking orders, I would expect that I could have at least gotten a response by now.
I placed an order for a Kimber Micro 9 magazine, to try with my P938. I received the magazine faster than I really expected to, since the order was placed during the chaos of their move to Texas.

I will probably do business with them again if I have a need, but they would be my third choice, after Greg Cote and Top Gun Supply.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

If there was insurance involved ($50 is usually covered), Gunmag will recoup their money.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I went back to read the original post again.

The way I understand it, the gripe agains Gun Mag Warehouse, is piss poor communication, the buyer was not at all happy with response, or lack thereof, from the seller.

Post office wants the shipper, not the recipient, to initiate the claim. Gun Mag Warehouse has to do this, and they need to be responsive to their customer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post